Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ah ha...so you finally admit it’s oppressive and not enjoyable. Doesn’t it feel great to be honest with yourself?

The day before a blizzard may be very cold.  It’s not comfortable.  When among us complains?

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The day before a blizzard may be very cold.  It’s not comfortable.  When among us complains?

Yes and it can also be very warm where folks wash their trucks in jean daisy dukes and flip flops in anger. Can’t make everyone happy but everyone enjoys coc. I have not met one person who says a sunny low dew 75F day is uncomfortable or unenjoyable, not one.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes and it can also be very warm where folks wash their trucks in jean daisy dukes and flip flops in anger. Can’t make everyone happy but everyone enjoys coc. I have not met one person who says a sunny low dew 75F day is uncomfortable or unenjoyable, not one.

Mitch?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's the same 'ole story. While warmth tries to move in as the Plains bake, we have cyclonic flow with a trough parked near and northeast of us. That is a brick wall to any prolonged heat. 

Not in July and August it’s not. You’re already on record in here last week posting you can see a very long stretch of high humidity. 

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Deep down somewhere in the soul there has to be a tiny little light that wants to burst like a supernova and overtake the darkness once and for all. We just need to initiate it somehow, collectively. 

Honestly  .. why do you think it’s just going magically be 75 and dry all summer? I don’t understand that 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Not in July and August it’s not. You’re already on record in here last week posting you can see a very long stretch of high humidity. 

Maybe, who knows. CLIMO says at some point it happens...but I'm not sure Jul-Aug are oppressive as some are making it out to be.

op·pres·sive
/əˈpresiv/
adjective
  1. unjustly inflicting hardship and constraint, especially on a minority or other subordinate group.
    "an oppressive dictatorship"
    synonyms: harsh, cruel, brutal, repressive, crushing, tyrannical, tyrannous, iron-fisted, domineering, autocratic, dictatorial, undemocratic, antidemocratic, despotic, draconian, punitive; More
    • weighing heavily on the mind or spirits; causing depression or discomfort.
      "a profound loneliness, an oppressive emptiness"
      synonyms: overwhelming, overpowering, hard to bear, unbearable, burdensome, unendurable, intolerable, heavy; More
    • (of weather) excessively hot and humid.

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Honestly  .. why do you think it’s just going magically be 75 and dry all summer? I don’t understand that 

It won’t, no one said it will. Climo won’t be denied but this idea that last summer is showing it’s ugly ass again ain’t happening either. We know how much you love tropical downpours ruining summer weekends but nothing suggests that will occur. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It's the same 'ole story. While warmth tries to move in as the Plains bake, we have cyclonic flow with a trough parked near and northeast of us. That is a brick wall to any prolonged heat. 

I feel like it's been like that for years now.... the country bakes in searing heat... except for new england