Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah our pool is like 49F right now ha.  River still feels like a couple degrees above snow melt temp.  

Cold afternoon and evening that's now becoming wet with cold season like upslope precipitation.  

I think DIT said he was at a soccer tourney in Williston, VT...just east of BTV.  Hope he's enjoying some upslope magic.  55F sheet rains out of the low levels.

IMG_3543.GIF.d5259b6bcb7780c1bf62440a4253ec1a.GIF

Just spotty light showers in BTV. Was 68 when we got to Foam and BBC. Dinner on Bank St and it was drizzling . Sun and 78 tomorrow. We man bun 

Local farmers suffering from the cold and wet spring and early summer. Apparently they were led to believe it was going to be non- stop heat and humidity beginning in March and planted accordingly. Where would they get that crazy idea?

To all of our customers:

Do to the weather conditions PICK YOUR OWN STRAWBERRIES FOR THE 2019 SEASON WILL BE CLOSED. This is because our crop has suffered weather damage. We will have some strawberries for our farm stand and CSA customers. However because the picking conditions are not going to be favorable we have decided to close PYO strawberries. We are anticipating strawberries be available in our farm stand mid week next week. We will try and keep this site updated as much as we can. Our Strawberry Festival has been postponed till the 22nd and 23rd on that weekend we will have activities and strawberries in the farm stand but there will be NO PYO.  Sorry hopefully next year will be better!

https://www.lanniorchard.com/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Local farmers suffering from the cold and wet spring and early summer. Apparently they were led to believe it was going to be non- stop heat and humidity beginning in March and planted accordingly. Where would they get that crazy idea?

To all of our customers:

Do to the weather conditions PICK YOUR OWN STRAWBERRIES FOR THE 2019 SEASON WILL BE CLOSED. This is because our crop has suffered weather damage. We will have some strawberries for our farm stand and CSA customers. However because the picking conditions are not going to be favorable we have decided to close PYO strawberries. We are anticipating strawberries be available in our farm stand mid week next week. We will try and keep this site updated as much as we can. Our Strawberry Festival has been postponed till the 22nd and 23rd on that weekend we will have activities and strawberries in the farm stand but there will be NO PYO.  Sorry hopefully next year will be better!

https://www.lanniorchard.com/

It's been a couple years since they planted anything in the field behind my house.. The other day they turned the dirt in the whole field. Not sure why seems odd to me..

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just spotty light showers in BTV. Was 68 when we got to Foam and BBC. Dinner on Bank St and it was drizzling . Sun and 78 tomorrow. We man bun 

Nice dude!  I've never had Foam but Beer Co has always been tasty.  To me all the micro-brews are pretty good, the different companies just have different fl  Tomorrow should be sweet, perfect weather for outdoor rec. 

It did look like the radar echos were developing over BTV, which is usual, but the precip often ends up drifting east by the time it hits the surface.  Probably much more steady light rain a few miles east in Williston, the gradients are pretty sharp. 

On 6/9/2019 at 8:42 PM, Dr. Dews said:

a lot of pent up hostility shown by some, lately. maybe it's the benign summer weather?

Gorgeous night, 68F

This is why ... or some variation of it

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi037iHs-riAhVlTd8KHf9YA4kQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychologytoday.com%2Fus%2Fblog%2Fbrain-babble%2F201501%2Freverse-seasonal-affective-disorder-sad-in-the-summer&psig=AOvVaw08i_qdf1MiauJq-a_kS-7t&ust=1560650703025889

... and at times Im stressed not to believe the crucible of time hasnt concentrated the population of this particular social media to be more likely of that ilk than that article's purported 10% 

7 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This is why ... or some variation of it

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi037iHs-riAhVlTd8KHf9YA4kQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychologytoday.com%2Fus%2Fblog%2Fbrain-babble%2F201501%2Freverse-seasonal-affective-disorder-sad-in-the-summer&psig=AOvVaw08i_qdf1MiauJq-a_kS-7t&ust=1560650703025889

... and at times Im stressed not to believe the crucible of time hasnt concentrated the population of this particular social media to be more likely of that ilk than that article's purported 10% 

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Nice dude!  I've never had Foam but Beer Co has always been tasty.  To me all the micro-brews are pretty good, the different companies just have different fl  Tomorrow should be sweet, perfect weather for outdoor rec. 

It did look like the radar echos were developing over BTV, which is usual, but the precip often ends up drifting east by the time it hits the surface.  Probably much more steady light rain a few miles east in Williston, the gradients are pretty sharp. 

We bang.

I was super impressed by their selection, and the brewery is in a sick spot too. Probably time to make them a Weather Ready Ambassador, "work trip" and all.

30 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We bang.

I was super impressed by their selection, and the brewery is in a sick spot too. Probably time to make them a Weather Ready Ambassador, "work trip" and all.

It’s unbelievable beer. Easily on par with TH. I’ve had a few Foam before , but nothing like going to the brewery. BBC has great beers too. And finally got some Hill Farmstead last night at dinner on Bank St. Sick 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s unbelievable beer. Easily on par with TH. I’ve had a few Foam before , but nothing like going to the brewery. BBC has great beers too. And finally got some Hill Farmstead last night at dinner on Bank St. Sick 

You can do a lot of damage in BTV when it comes to beer. 

You'll be a little closer to the front up there today, so may have to dodge showers, but what better excuse to duck into a brewery.

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

You can do a lot of damage in BTV when it comes to beer. 

You'll be a little closer to the front up there today, so may have to dodge showers, but what better excuse to duck into a brewery.

Local wx guys saying pt sunny with overnight showers and 78 today. Then sun back out tomorrow with front south. Hopefully they right . There’s some breaks of blue up there now. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Local wx guys saying pt sunny with overnight showers and 78 today. Then sun back out tomorrow with front south. Hopefully they right . There’s some breaks of blue up there now. 

Yeah there's some warm sector for you in NY trying to work in, gotta ditch those stable wave clouds first before it clears out.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Beautiful out right now in Stowe.  66/49

Looks like we got a good Saturday as long as we can keep those showers up near the international border...

rfl2AUD.gif