Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

50 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Remember a few weeks back it also had BDL like 89 one day and it ended up being like in the 60's lol. 

Oh you don't have to remind me... I was one of the ones pointing that out - the MOS was doing it all spring. 

But there is a difference here..  Namely, the pattern is seasonally normalized quite a bit, by way of having moderated the heights upward unilaterally ...though still with some similar blocking constructs continuing - tru.  But it is different, so I'm not sure if that 'correcting behavior' still going to take place given the newer regime. 

We'll have to see..  

btw, ... for how little it is worth the extended Euro came in with the onset of the seasons for pan-eastern U.S. heat wave.  20 C 850s everywhere with clear heat-feed-back geopotential ridge dome blossoming.   Obviously it's eye-candy for summer/heat enthusiasts but... This run is the fourth cycle in the row where it doesn't really get cool beyond this week's shenanigans.  This may be what folks are seeing/exaggerating, in observing that general panache.  But beyond D4 this is a warm-ish looking run. Not willing say how warm...just talking synoptic polish -

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

New climate regime...I full expect it.

The mosquitoes have been on another level the past few days. Gotta give them some standing water to do more breeding in.

It's been a nice fluid transition of biting bugs so far. 2 weeks of black flies, 1 week of noseeums, and now we're onto a week of skeeters. What's next?

horse/deer flies?

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today was surprisingly cold, almost more than I'd like.  Almost chilly at 62F with NW wind, down off an 8am high of 65F.  

Impressive to have drying and some clearing this time of year with no diurnal rise in temps.  

Those days of 82/38 style stuff was the best.

Just a beautiful day here albeit windy but cocadoodledewlessness.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just a beautiful day here albeit windy but cocadoodledewlessness.

Ended up being pretty nice.  It was a fall-like day but the daylight length really has a mid-summer feel regardless of temperature.

A decent sunset is just beginning with the broken lower level clouds, but this was earlier today while walking the dog. 

vMIgCvF.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Tomorrow looks like one of those deals where you may have some sort of meso low with very heavy rain/FF near the center. Has that look.

sure does... I almost wonder what/if the phase-diagram might look like outta Fl state ...  Like, do the bubblets try to meander tauntingly toward the warm core quadrant for a jiff...