Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Difference is......85-90 with high dews is your forecast while Scooty says not high confidence. It’s almost your time to shine though, hang in there. 

Just trying to deliver accurate data and sift thru all the weenies here that spend days and nights obsessing over my posts . We put our heads down and move onwards and upwards despite their advances 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just trying to deliver accurate data and sift thru all the weenies here that spend days and nights obsessing over my posts . We put our heads down and move onwards and upwards despite their advances 

Haha you do generate the most conversation on here of any poster, and it's been like that for years so you obviously are doing something right.  

There's likely a good linear relationship to the number of responses you get and how far up the bullshit scale it is.... if no one responds, it's likely a very reasonable post, ha.  The further out in fantasy land the post is, the more responses.  

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nah Ginx and Tip and Wiz said nothing shows that 

I didn't say that. I said be extremely careful given the boundary nearby. Sure we could end up 85-90 and humid...which really isn't anything to write home about anyways given we're approaching the solstice. Regardless at least it won't be cool and dreary. It will be either seasonably warm and a bit humid or quite warm and quite humid 

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha you do generate the most conversation on here of any poster, and it's been like that for years so you obviously are doing something right.  

There's likely a good linear relationship to the number of responses you get and how far up the bullshit scale it is.... if no one responds, it's likely a very reasonable post, ha.  The further out in fantasy land the post is, the more responses.  

Lol. Well maybe,  I can’t speak for what drives these groupies , but I just post about the weather and how I see things , right , wrong or indifferent. If they choose to get angry and upset, there’s nothing we can do to help them 

56 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Could see chickens floating down from Northfield and Saunas washed away in mtn streams if boundary stalls up that way. 

New climate regime...I full expect it.

The mosquitoes have been on another level the past few days. Gotta give them some standing water to do more breeding in.

It's been a nice fluid transition of biting bugs so far. 2 weeks of black flies, 1 week of noseeums, and now we're onto a week of skeeters. What's next?

58 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Difference is......85-90 with high dews is your forecast while Scooty says not high confidence. It’s almost your time to shine though, hang in there. 

Right right ...   and the expression "nothing saying that" could not possibly be related conceptually to, "not high confidence"  in the first place. 

I mean.. this is dumb, provincial nimrod pettiness to begin with but still... - it really is fascinating actually watching information as it is getting distorted through one's preferential lens.  Completely elides qualifiers.  Master of ripping out of context to promote an alternate fact -  

Fact of the matter is, he's a good-hearted troll.  Always has been.  He's doing it on purpose

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The mosquitoes have been on another level the past few days. Gotta give them some standing water to do more breeding in.

It's been a nice fluid transition of biting bugs so far. 2 weeks of black flies, 1 week of noseeums, and now we're onto a week of skeeters. What's next?

This is true down our way, too.. 

Big one's.  Like they brush against your forearm while keying the front door at dusk and it's a race.. But they have weight.. I mean, you can feel them brush.  Long striped legs hangin' precipitously while probing in the air to target their syringe.  

I'm thinking that we had that ephemeral dry couple of years and that might have helped keep the population down. But, though we didn't have a lot of snow below NNE latitudes ... central, we did get lots of rain this last winter, Now the wet spring and verdant environment is giving them a comeback.  I don't know but can't really even be outside when it's calm and mild between 6-9 pm now or you're getting pin-pricked all over.

Actually ... in Kevin's defense there is something showing 85 to 90.  

The GFSX MOS FIT

N/X  52  82| 51  66| 52  71| 50  84| 64  88| 68  86| 67  88| 65 55 78

BDL is also coming in with 8 to 10 over climate for D4, 5, 6 and 7, which is actually increasingly more difficult for this particular product due to climate normalizing for those ending days there. 

In fact, I'd go so far as to say these numbers look warmer than the synoptics would suggest.   Interesting

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually ... in Kevin's defense there is something showing 85 to 90.  

The GFSX MOS FIT

N/X  52  82| 51  66| 52  71| 50  84| 64  88| 68  86| 67  88| 65 55 78

BDL is also coming in with 8 to 10 over climate for D4, 5, 6 and 7, which is actually increasingly more difficult for this particular product due to climate normalizing for those ending days there. 

In fact, I'd go so far as to say these numbers look warmer than the synoptics would suggest.   Interesting

Remember a few weeks back it also had BDL like 89 one day and it ended up being like in the 60's lol. 

This is a sounding on the GFS for somewhere in northern CT next week but a lapse rate of about 9.5 from the sfc to 700 lol...don't see that in these parts very often...I don't think anyways 

2019061112_GFS_177_40.05,-76.5_severe_ml

Also...on a side note. Has anyone noticed that the calculated Td's on the soundings generated from COD have been WAY too high.?

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

The horror stories of NNE....you get like 4 months of decent weather but have to fight off bugs like you’re in a rain forest. No thanks.

• Haha 1