Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

48 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Nice I saw that.  The radar had that cold season upslope showers look...like October style appeal.  No surprise there's flakes up high.

The only time I saw June flakes was 2-3 years ago on like June 13th on Mansfield.  Luckily got video of it, as you need proof on that date ha.  

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice I saw that.  The radar had that cold season upslope showers look...like October style appeal.  No surprise there's flakes up high.

The only time I saw June flakes was 2-3 years ago on like June 13th on Mansfield.  Luckily got video of it, as you need proof on that date ha.  

What is the earliest that you have seen snow?

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is pretty rough for June 3rd at max heating back home in Stowe.

Almost 3pm and 51/36 at 700ft MVL.  Rain cooled air but still...yikes.

IMG_3421.PNG.7eeb08b66a20dd58b2c58c4b59332bec.PNG

No clouds at 69 at 190' elevation at the terminus of d-slope/katabat is hard to do in June and that's pretty common around down here.  

Btw folks, for those fed up ... 12z NAM/Euro both suggest a sneaky torridity day .. pretty potent warm frontal passage 06 to 12z on Wednesday - ...heh, have to gauge that.  w-boundaries don't typically pass at that time of day due to diurnal decoupling but..  probably skirts through in the morning either way.  Impressive warm push 

Has 25 to 28 C 2-meter implied EWR-HFD-FIT-BED-ASH with ( what I guess ...) would be some under side SRH convection maybe, too...  That's like 84/70 with crispies tickling the tropopause ee haw. 

After that looks like 80 with bubble no trouble ...  Weird  to cut off a lower Maritime gyre that's starved for cold air but maybe the atmosphere just ran out ...haha.  It's like dry heaving at us ...Jesus.  Better idea -... just stop.  wtf

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

October 3rd.  I've seen freezing rain in September on the mountain but never straight snow (it's usually because the orographic precip lift happens so low in the atmosphere that even -3C 850mb can just be super cooled water droplets)....but the COOP has recorded September snow before and I believe even late-August traces as well.  

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I hiked the toll road trying to see it lol. 

SLK's highest temperature since 1pm has been 43F :lol:.

Nothing like 04/02 for a Metar temp at 17z on a June afternoon...along with 26kt breeze.

KSLK 031709Z AUTO 26014G26KT 230V290 3SM -RA BR SCT014 BKN024 OVC034 04/02 A2980 RMK AO2 PK WND 27026/1703 P0005 T00440022 TSNO

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s been tracking storms in PA all spring. I don’t get the fascination . It’s like tracking a snowstorm in Maine while we are raining 

This social media has a genetic heritage in weather-related interests, ... not complicated.     So if there's a thunderstorm in Bedford Mass, that doesn't matter because your in N. Ct...  dude, is there any awareness at all while you are typing the ...lunatic assertions/reasoning you do?  One can only surmise, you do it deliberately... and to that:

You are no closer now at degrading the worth of this engagement as you were when you first set out to deride it years ago over at Eastern -

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This social media has a genetic heritage in weather-related interests, ... not complicated.     So if there's a thunderstorm in Bedford Mass, that doesn't matter because your in N. Ct...  dude, is there any awareness at all while you are typing the ...lunatic assertions/reasoning you do?  One can only surmise, you do it deliberately... and to that:

You are no closer now at degrading the worth of this engagement as you were when you first set out to deride it years ago over at Eastern -

I don’t know when you became this grumpy old man, you never used to be when you’d come to the GTG, but please bring back the old , fun, young at heart John , that ate grilled cheeses and tomato soup in moms basement 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t know when you became this grumpy old man, you never used to be when you’d come to the GTG, but please bring back the old , fun, young at heart John , that ate grilled cheeses and tomato soup in moms basement 

Ah hahaha. 

Dont like the reflection in the mirror huh. 

Just fuggin with ya

5 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

October 3rd.  I've seen freezing rain in September on the mountain but never straight snow (it's usually because the orographic precip lift happens so low in the atmosphere that even -3C 850mb can just be super cooled water droplets)....but the COOP has recorded September snow before and I believe even late-August traces as well.  

I've been in sticking snow hiking the Lincoln-Lafeyette ridge line on Sept 20th.  Late 90's but not sure what year.  We were prepared but a lot of hikers were not and it got pretty dicey for some folks.