Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

While you may not like it there, it's perfect for my liking.  Keeps my temps in 70s/ low 80s at most with chances of precip every few days,

It's a good thing there is no poetic justice in the 'emoto-guided' weather hobbyist's intents and purposes...  

Cuz no winter would be the just deserts.     

19 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

There would be a lot of grumpy people in here if that were to occur.

I'd be happy.  I'd take Schadenfreude. I mean ... just knowing that some avatar with the word "snow" couched in it, is suffering no snow.  I wouldn't otherwise. In fact, I might even be sympathetic to their season-lorn sorrow. But these same critters, they skulk about the social media of weather...  consummately timing their reminders for us all that it's chilly ... just when the models are trying to change the pattern warm.  It's that antic, right precisely there that's off-putting.  Some do it to troll... for fun..whatever.  Some, engage in that because they really have some odd deeper hangup that's keyed into a psyche averse to summer - and we become unwitting buffers for their grief.  Either way..no thanks.  

Every time they do that in the fantasy poetic justice realm, they get docked a 4-6" er  (yes I'm aware there's a carnal joke there...)

26 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

While you may not like it there, it's perfect for my liking.  Keeps my temps in 70s/ low 80s at most with chances of precip every few days,

Just got back from Hatteras last night...dewpoints were in the mid to upper 70s with highs in the mid 80s for most of the time. It is great for a beach vacation, but I will take this morning's weather the rest of the summer while I am not on vacation, so refreshing!

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'd be happy.  I'd take Schadenfreude. I mean ... just knowing that some avatar with the word "snow" couched in it, is suffering no snow.  I wouldn't otherwise. In fact, I might even be sympathetic to their season-lorn sorrow. But these same critters, they skulk about the social media of weather...  consummately timing their reminders for us all that it's chilly ... just when the models are trying to change the pattern warm.  It's that antic, right precisely there that's off-putting.  Some do it to troll... for fun..whatever.  Some, engage in that because they really have some odd deeper hangup that's keyed into a psyche averse to summer - and we become unwitting buffers for their grief.  Either way..no thanks.  

I get it.  Your hatrid for those that enjoy cooler weather on the forums, almost make one wish for chilly temps despite it sucking sensibly, just to get you to go on that daily rant when a negative anamoly map is posted :lol:.

With that said, bring on weeks of 70s to low 80s with crisp Cu floating through the blue.

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I get it.  Your hatrid for those that enjoy cooler weather and constant psych weather musings, almost make one wish for chilly temps despite it sucking sensibly, just to get you to go on that daily rant when a negative anamoly map is posted :lol:.

With that said, bring on weeks of 70s to low 80s with crisp Cu floating through the blue.

Ultimately ...it doesn't matter.  My own hypocrisy is that I'm less aware of it myself ...oh, circa Novie 1 through about Mar 10 ...  I like big winters like the best of 'em and I don't really 'want' to read about 90 F days when I'm formulating coastal bombs out of teleconnections that are hitting it hard, while the operatinonal runs aren't yet supporting and trying to demo forecast philosophies for others and instead encounter a seemingly oddly strategically timed antithetic content ... And I've noticed the frequency upticks...like flies buzzing off a disturbed dog turd, right around the time one has posted an impertinent gesture of daring to mention warm air in late May..  Ha... oy. I'm probably naively thinking my readers are either objective ... or reading.   Then, the former becomes a 'troll- like' opposing distraction to that over all effort, whether intended to or not.  

'Hate' is too strong though.  Just umbrage at times.  There's a transparency to it all ... exposes one as really just servicing their own therapy ... I have better things to do than be ignored in those times, and or serve as someone's wailing wall either way. 

But ...it's a choice.  One can do something else ;) 

Also, a goodly part of my assholier-than-thou thing is that I'm just bustin' balls much of the time, btw.   No-one is getting any taps on the shoulder for their contribution on the Internet ... that's an earlier shock-and-awe societal adjustment to the advent of the technology that has come and gone.  It's just old hat, simply put.   Familiarization of social-medias-spheric opining is nothing new.  Countless forums have issue fatigued everyone and ad nauseam ... ranging in too many special interest groups than is ultimately very healthy for society already showing signs of fracturing0 by schismatic ideologies...etc, etc...  The internet is, most probably, related to why some of that is happening.  Anyway, so  people don't really care to distill facts from fiction, intellectual talent from rube-ology ...  You write the original "To Kill A Mockingbird" transcript and foist it onto the internet and you'd only get "tl;dr" 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Also, a goodly part of my assholier-than-thou thing is that I'm just bustin' balls much of the time, btw.   No-one is getting any taps on the shoulder for their contribution on the Internet ... 

Me too, ball buster by nature.  And I love how you put that, no one gets any recognition for their contribution on the internet so who cares in the end ha.  

Regarding the current weather and cold tendencies...the models are showing a bit warmer relative to normal than May's -3 chill, but the persistence of the trough in the Maritimes into Quebec really make it hard to think a warm pattern (relative to normal) is taking place.  

Its not like posters are ignoring a massive H5 eastern ridge to Quebec City and trying to spin that into cold.  Bagginess in the heights over NNE into ENE and certainly into the Maritimes begs for tempered expectations when it comes to summer heat (again heat being sustained above normal pattern).