Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2019 Discussion

weatherwiz

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Interesting choice of words for your context here...

There cultural vernacular I've ever been exposed to ... "ole fashioned summer" always meant more in the way of torridity.  That's the typical trope in literature and lore ... and nostalgic memory.  

interesting...  

Growing up, summers were a mixed bucket of sort. You had hot and dry stretches turning the grass brown by July 4th and others were a bit more stormy with hot and cooler stretches....but rarely do I recall so much persistent humidity and rain like last year. To me, it was anomalous and not a typical summer. I don’t see that happening again this season or for many to come. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Growing up, summers were a mixed bucket of sort. You had hot and dry stretches turning the grass brown by July 4th and others were a bit more stormy with hot and cooler stretches....but rarely do I recall so much persistent humidity and rain like last year. To me, it was anomalous and not a typical summer. I don’t see that happening again this season or for many to come. 

Exactly last summer  was horrible...high dews and heat.. I think we'll  have a few warm days.. but also think this summer that will stay west of us..

22 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mmm.. not really the right read but okay -

well correction: you mean "sustained" heat, but what does that mean?  Ha, for me it means NOT 55 with drizzle... 

But, it's still a significantly warmer run over all and indicative of a pattern trying to change - which I believe should the more important take away.  Therein, ...we don't fairly know how warm or what emerges as it's uncharted water so to speak. 

The EPS is 12z mean continues to amplify the ridge longitude and latitude as was suspected it would yesterday.  So much so that it's stranded this Euro run on a complete island in that time range, ... making its uber deep Maritime trough that extend almost to Bermuda island's latitude very suspect - there's that too..  I don't see how the GEFs 00z mean and the EPS 12z mean can co-exist...  Quite probably all just typical noise in pattern change -

Pretty sizeable miss on the progged 79* high.  Managed 73.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Global warming predictions ... from refereed/peer reviewal sources and machines based- environmental problem solving/modeling would not agree with that assessment ...at all. 

One could certainly flip a coin any given season at hand, as there are less than perennial, intra-seasonal factors ... that can/will at times offset, but scaling the equations, the longer termed solution thermodynamically instructs higher theta-e content will take place in any gaseous medium *aka* the atmosphere, that is thermaldynamically preconditioned to store heat.  

These are basic thermal dynamics concepts/laws in play. 

Thus, observing increasing ambient atmosphere water vapor follows logically.  however,... before even relying upon those research sources - might wanna rethink that line of sight   

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Yeah, I think it'll be a seasonable month, but not a well above scorcher. Probably -.5 to .5

This may not be a bad assessment based upon the trend since the year 2000 ...

Of that ~ 239 months... > 50 % have registered cooler mean temperatures all over southeast Canada and adjust NE U.S., compared to the rest of the globe's on-going back ground warming curve. 

Therefore, if trend/persistence can be used as any proxy ( which does of course carry some risk ...) odds would seem to favor we'll find a way to do the same this particular June.  If one is trying/bucking for a cooler result, it's not a bad place to start having most of your months seemingly pre-ordained to be less than whatever it is going on all around you ;)

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This may not be a bad assessment based upon the trend since the year 2000 ...

Of that ~ 239 months... > 50 % have registered cooler mean temperatures all over southeast Canada and adjust NE U.S., compared to the rest of the globe's on-going back ground warming curve. 

Therefore, if trend/persistence can be used as any proxy ( which does of course carry some risk ...) odds would seem to favor we'll find a way to do the same this particular June.  If one is trying/bucking for a cooler result, it's not a bad place to start having most of your months seemingly pre-ordained to be less than whatever it is going on all around you ;)

Good point

We’ve really upped the dews/moisture here since 2000. Lots of extremely wet years and warm temps biased on the warm min side. It’s been tough to get cool, dry airmasses in the heart of summer here since 2007...mostly just the occasional u40 min here and there for CNE. If we go cold it’s due to a shitty wedge with drizzle and 60-65° garbage and not a cP airmass with 68/40 type air with NW winds like we used to be able to pull off. Maybe it’s just a random freak streak of excessive annual moisture, but I do feel like this is the new norm barring some kind of Pinatubo or Tambora eruption. The more we melt the ice caps and permafrost in the arctic the more those polar airmasses will be modified before reaching us. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Global warming predictions ... from refereed/peer reviewal sources and machines based- environmental problem solving/modeling would not agree with that assessment ...at all. 

One could certainly flip a coin any given season at hand, as there are less than perennial, intra-seasonal factors ... that can/will at times offset, but scaling the equations, the longer termed solution thermodynamically instructs higher theta-e content will take place in any gaseous medium *aka* the atmosphere, that is thermaldynamically preconditioned to store heat.  

These are basic thermal dynamics concepts/laws in play. 

Thus, observing increasing ambient atmosphere water vapor follows logically.  however,... before even relying upon those research sources - might wanna rethink that line of sight   

Meh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

We’ve really upped the dews/moisture here since 2000. Lots of extremely wet years and warm temps biased on the warm min side. It’s been tough to get cool, dry airmasses in the heart of summer here since 2007...mostly just the occasional u40 min here and there for CNE. If we go cold it’s due to a shitty wedge with drizzle and 60-65° garbage and not a cP airmass with 68/40 type air with NW winds like we used to be able to pull off. Maybe it’s just a random freak streak of excessive annual moisture, but I do feel like this is the new norm barring some kind of Pinatubo or Tambora eruption. The more we melt the ice caps and permafrost in the arctic the more those polar airmasses will be modified before reaching us. 

August 2013

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

A couple of decent shots, but it wasn’t a very cold month. Generally about -1F across CNE/SNE.

July 2016 was decently low dews I think.  

We had 12 days of mins at or below 50F.

2013 was nice but yeah your overall point is right, it wants to be humid more often than not.  I don't have the historical perspective on summer weather though to really know what happened besides past ten years.

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

July 2016 was decently low dews I think.  

We had 12 days of mins at or below 50F.

2013 was nice but yeah your overall point is right, it wants to be humid more often than not.  I don't have the historical perspective on summer weather though to really know what happened besides past ten years.

August 13 was COC city