• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Snow
    Newest Member
    Love Snow

Mid to Late May 2019 Severe Threats

Moderate Risk for severe storms today across the central Plains, from NE to IA southwestward to OK and TX, enhanced risk around that area and than in the Northeast US/OH Valley.  The Dayton, OH area tornadoes last night destroyed a large area of real estate, I would not be surprised to see the NWS damage surveys conducted the next few days determine that some areas were hit by EF-5 winds.

32 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Moderate Risk for severe storms today across the central Plains, from NE to IA southwestward to OK and TX, enhanced risk around that area and than in the Northeast US/OH Valley.  The Dayton, OH area tornadoes last night destroyed a large area of real estate, I would not be surprised to see the NWS damage surveys conducted the next few days determine that some areas were hit by EF-5 winds. 

It's early, but I have yet to see anything strongly suggesting EF4 damage, let alone EF5.

Just now, CheeselandSkies said:

It's early, but I have yet to see anything strongly suggesting EF4 damage, let alone EF5.

I would say at least strong EF-3 damage.

Just now, CheeselandSkies said:

I agree, cars not really thrown and most destroyed or flattened pics are of structures maybe not well built as many have houses standing directly next to them. Likely max of EF 3, but that decision will go directly to nws.

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

I agree, cars not really thrown and most destroyed or flattened pics are of structures maybe not well built as many have houses standing directly next to them. Likely max of EF 3, but that decision will go directly to nws.

Celina, OH might be the best case for a strong EF-3 or 4 tornadoes.  Today could be very bad.

I posted in the Lakes/Ohio Valley region.. 

So I'll post'em on thisside to..

Looks to be a productive Day? For sever Wx?

zzoutlook.JPG

zzzoutlook2.JPG

• Thanks 1

Temps already two-four degrees higher than the CAMs suggested here in Central OK. Sunshine everywhere.

Should have no problem busting the cap today. Just depends on when and where.

Want to head south of Chickasha and wait it out.

23 minutes ago, KeganR said:

Temps already two-four degrees higher than the CAMs suggested here in Central OK. Sunshine everywhere.

Should have no problem busting the cap today. Just depends on when and where.

Want to head south of Chickasha and wait it out.

As I say this, we now have full cloud cover in Central OK.

37 minutes ago, KeganR said:

As I say this, we now have full cloud cover in Central OK.

Complete overcast and crapvection in southern KS

Honestly, the enhanced risk area looks like a 5% risk at best right now. The northeast might need the 10% hatched probabilities or higher. Several discrete cells out there versus a messier mode here ATM.

All that messy crap everyone is talking about is north of the warm front/OFB... it’s irrelevant. Better storms will initiate soon along the cold front and dryline further west and south.

Norman office put this out on their FB page.

2:15 PM - our weather balloon data shows the cap (a layer of warm air aloft that can delay/prevent storms) is still in place over central OK, but it appears the cap is likely weaker over western OK. This is where we expect storms to possibly develop after 4pm. Again, most people will not see a storm, but if a storm forms it will likely be severe. A tornado watch will be issued for parts of our area by 3:30 PM. Stay alert!

1 minute ago, DanLarsen34 said:

yeah both those cells around there look like they mean business. Velocity NE of Glen Elder is off the charts

• Like 1

Just now, ICEHOCEY77 said:

yeah both those cells around there look like they mean business. Velocity NE of Glen Elder is off the charts

Very impressive 

Screenshot_2019-05-28-19-01-48.jpg