Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,508
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald
    Joined
Quincy

Mid to Late May 2019 Severe Threats

Recommended Posts

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 830 PM CDT FOR
NORTHEASTERN CLAY AND NORTHWESTERN RAY COUNTIES...

At 808 PM CDT, a confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado was
located near Excelsior Springs, moving east at 35 mph.

This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

HAZARD...Damaging tornado.

SOURCE...Weather spotters confirmed tornado.

IMPACT...You are in a life-threatening situation. Flying debris may
         be deadly to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes
         will be destroyed. Considerable damage to homes,
         businesses, and vehicles is likely and complete destruction
         is possible.

Locations impacted include...
Excelsior Springs, Lawson, Crystal Lakes, Excelsior Estates, Woods
Heights, Rayville, Mosby, Homestead and Prathersville.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

To repeat, a large, extremely dangerous and potentially deadly
tornado is on the ground. To protect your life, TAKE COVER NOW! Move
to a basement or an interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy
building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a mobile home, or in
a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect
yourself from flying debris.

A large and extremely dangerous tornado is on the ground. take
immediate tornado precautions. this is an emergency situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

/O.CON.KEAX.TO.W.0025.000000T0000Z-190529T0130Z/  
CLAY MO-RAY MO-  
809 PM CDT TUE MAY 28 2019  
  
...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 830 PM CDT FOR  
NORTHEASTERN CLAY AND NORTHWESTERN RAY COUNTIES...  
      
AT 808 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS  
LOCATED NEAR EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

/O.CON.KEAX.TO.W.0025.000000T0000Z-190529T0130Z/  
CLAY MO-RAY MO-  
809 PM CDT TUE MAY 28 2019  
  
...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 830 PM CDT FOR  
NORTHEASTERN CLAY AND NORTHWESTERN RAY COUNTIES...  
      
AT 808 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS  
LOCATED NEAR EXCELSIOR SPRINGS, MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.  

With a huge TDS on it. Sweet Jesus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10700987e827a10ff0d44439b8cdfb8a.jpg

genuine question. is the northern circle debris that has been lofted from the tornado? (the bottom circle colocates to the the suspected tornado)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That KCK  beast is likely a high end EF4. And would not be surprised if it winds up with a 5. That home with just a basement and everything else gone looks like something from the 1997 Jarrell TX monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the sky chopper footage of the wedge as it was passing through the Linwood area. You can see chunks of debris reflecting light while being lofted up around the main circulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, METALSTORM said:

That KCK  beast is likely a high end EF4. And would not be surprised if it winds up with a 5. That home with just a basement and everything else gone looks like something from the 1997 Jarrell TX monster

If I am thinking of the same house, it looked like it may have still been under construction. Hard to say though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MUWX said:

If I am thinking of the same house, it looked like it may have still been under construction. Hard to say though. 

I hope being under construction was the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, METALSTORM said:

That KCK  beast is likely a high end EF4. And would not be surprised if it winds up with a 5. That home with just a basement and everything else gone looks like something from the 1997 Jarrell TX monster

That was a house under construction......still some of the footage shows trees that are what you would expect from a violent higher end tornado......at least a high end EF3....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

That was a house under construction......still some of the footage shows trees that are what you would expect from a violent higher end tornado......at least a high end EF3....

Yeah, def looks higher end 3 at least what I've seen this far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, downeastnc said:

That was a house under construction......still some of the footage shows trees that are what you would expect from a violent higher end tornado......at least a high end EF3....

Some of the other pics look EF4ish. I guess we'll know in 2 or 3 days what the pros have to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hazey said:

Saw reports of a mile wide at some points. Supports strong EF3 min.

Size/width has nothing to do the Enhanced Fujita scale rating. Come on now, surely you know that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Buckeye05 said:

Size/width has nothing to do the Enhanced Fujita scale rating. Come on now, surely you know that?

It's quite probable that the two are related (i.e. width and intensity are correlated).  I'm fairly sure I've seen some research evidence to support this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×