• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Late May 2019 Severe Threats

Quincy

Moderate Risk for severe storms today across the central Plains, from NE to IA southwestward to OK and TX, enhanced risk around that area and than in the Northeast US/OH Valley.  The Dayton, OH area tornadoes last night destroyed a large area of real estate, I would not be surprised to see the NWS damage surveys conducted the next few days determine that some areas were hit by EF-5 winds.

32 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Moderate Risk for severe storms today across the central Plains, from NE to IA southwestward to OK and TX, enhanced risk around that area and than in the Northeast US/OH Valley.  The Dayton, OH area tornadoes last night destroyed a large area of real estate, I would not be surprised to see the NWS damage surveys conducted the next few days determine that some areas were hit by EF-5 winds. 

It's early, but I have yet to see anything strongly suggesting EF4 damage, let alone EF5.

Just now, CheeselandSkies said:

It's early, but I have yet to see anything strongly suggesting EF4 damage, let alone EF5.

I agree, cars not really thrown and most destroyed or flattened pics are of structures maybe not well built as many have houses standing directly next to them. Likely max of EF 3, but that decision will go directly to nws.

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

I agree, cars not really thrown and most destroyed or flattened pics are of structures maybe not well built as many have houses standing directly next to them. Likely max of EF 3, but that decision will go directly to nws.

Celina, OH might be the best case for a strong EF-3 or 4 tornadoes.  Today could be very bad.

Temps already two-four degrees higher than the CAMs suggested here in Central OK. Sunshine everywhere.

Should have no problem busting the cap today. Just depends on when and where.

Want to head south of Chickasha and wait it out.

23 minutes ago, KeganR said:

Temps already two-four degrees higher than the CAMs suggested here in Central OK. Sunshine everywhere.

Should have no problem busting the cap today. Just depends on when and where.

Want to head south of Chickasha and wait it out.

As I say this, we now have full cloud cover in Central OK.

Norman office put this out on their FB page.

2:15 PM - our weather balloon data shows the cap (a layer of warm air aloft that can delay/prevent storms) is still in place over central OK, but it appears the cap is likely weaker over western OK. This is where we expect storms to possibly develop after 4pm. Again, most people will not see a storm, but if a storm forms it will likely be severe. A tornado watch will be issued for parts of our area by 3:30 PM. Stay alert!