Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Late May 2019 Severe Threats

Quincy

Just now, DanLarsen34 said:

I can’t upload the CC loop, but There’s debris falling out of the sky well out of ahead of the super cell. There’s a very high likelihood this was an EF-4 or EF-5 that just tracked through Jefferson City.

I wouldn’t say high likely hood, but man, it doesn’t sound good. 

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1504

Jefferson City MO Fire scanner sounds like major damage with injuries at Hawthorne Apartments with people trapped. Firefighters unable to reach due to collapse at YMCA blocking the road.

Capitol apartments, people trapped underneath rubble.

1700 block tannerbridge road gas leaking from buildings.

400 block of stadium multiple people trapped

Multiple people trapped in apartments off Elm. Missed the street, but report of a woman trapped under a house as well.

About half the buildings at Hawthorne apartments have significant damage. At least 1 injury, several people still trapped.

Best Western in Jefferson City has been hit as well. Injuries reported as well. Dispatch desperately trying to find units to respond.

Large call volume appears to be coming in and around the 500 block of elm.

500 block of Ellis has significant damage. Firefighters requesting front end loaders to clear a path to reach victims.

500 East Ashley - multiple lines down, multiple limbs down.  Firefighters on foot.

6 minutes ago, iowahawkeyedave said:

Take this with a grain of salt, since it's Twitter.  However if true, that tornado went right through downtown.  Hopefully there are no fatalities.

That's consistent with damage reports, it looks to have went NE right up the south side of US 54, then along maybe Adams or Monroe Streets.

Just now, David Reimer said:

The HREF is being aggressive with the tornado probabilities for this afternoon and evening (May 23, 2019). I haven't had a chance to dig into the actual model data yet, but I am still worried about a messy convective evolution with some VBV showing up. 

60970774_418492745642171_543393317625685 

Usually when an outbreak continues overnight,  the following day is bad also.