Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Late May 2019 Severe Threats

Quincy

1 minute ago, RandomBlue said:

So.. has that wedge tornado from Joplin been on the ground for 2 hours now?

Just now, janetjanet998 said:

everything is slow to load today for me..hard to keep track...but didn't it cycle a few times?   

It has cycled numerous times so it's not one continuous tornado... but many separate tornadoes. Not clear if it's had something on the ground continuously.

Hope nothing happened to Stockton (extended family there) and that nothing happens to Hermann (my favorite place on the planet).    Hermann wasn't supposed to be in the watch area but it's on the border and that cell north of Dixon seems to be heading that way.  Sorta.  Earlier my phone went off with a tornado warning for Hermann, but that may have been erroneous.

19 minutes ago, pen_artist said:

SPC was on the mark today with this threat. Kudos to them. Although we just became aware of a threat like this only around 24 hours ago they did a good job. The only thing ofc would be the issuance of the PDS watch in Central OK

Let’s not step over dollars to pick up dimes

Just now, Calderon said:

Starting to notice a majority of the storms, IL all the way to OK of gusting out becoming the dominant appearance, the lone exception in SW MO. I'm not dismissing the threats, but it seems like we've peaked and on the downtrend overall. 

I don't think we have peaked from SW MO to SE OK at all, parameters support Supercells producing tornadoes instead.

3 minutes ago, Calderon said:

Starting to notice a majority of the storms, IL all the way to OK of gusting out becoming the dominant appearance, the lone exception in SW MO. I'm not dismissing the threats, but it seems like we've peaked and on the downtrend overall. 

Agreed. Nothing significant it seems on radar. There's a fairly small but tight couplet west of Vera, OK but most others are pretty broad. Hopefully the trend continues.

*Edit - That Vera, OK circulation had an interesting NNW track...

6 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Oh good lord. Not trying to derail the thread. It’s a significant, potentially deadly tornado. Just like basically every other tornado. That does not make it comparable to one of the all time tornadoes. 

In the context of this thread it was a troll post, and this storm was rolling through neighborhoods and not a corn field in Canada.

3 minutes ago, Calderon said:

Even in sw mo, they aren’t nearly as impressive as they were. I would watch the one in extreme swmo, but over all, the tornado threat seems to be coming down pretty substantially 

• Like 1

I don't think we have peaked from SW MO to SE OK at all, parameters support Supercells producing tornadoes instead.

Yes, parameters and all are still there, but the peak has passed because nearly every single storm has shown more broad rotations and many with RFD surges undercutting the rotation centers, some by a good margin.

• Like 1