• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

Area Forecast Discussion National Weather Service State College PA 448 AM EDT Thu Sep 12 2019

A potentially interesting situation is hinted at next week with the upper high parked over the SE US. A wave in the Bahamas is brought under

this ridge into the eastern Gulf of Mexico, with the ECMWF/GFS/Canadian all remarkably close in bringing a possible tropical cyclone toward

the NE gulf states perhaps as early as later Monday. By the middle of next week there are hints that whatever moves ashore could be

heading north up the Appalachians toward the OH Valley or NERN US, or at least a stream of deeper tropical moisture advecting up this way

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No idea...did you get any rain overnight? I had a storm sometime around 2:00am that left about .3" in my bucket. 

Around the same time - maybe .2" or so yeah.

Since you all are the only real active thread in PA, when is this relief supposed to arrive? Overnight? It still feels humid as heck to me-and the AC is broke at work so the last 3 days have been misery! It seems every fall it’s hot into November....

1 hour ago, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

Since you all are the only real active thread in PA, when is this relief supposed to arrive? Overnight? It still feels humid as heck to me-and the AC is broke at work so the last 3 days have been misery! It seems every fall it’s hot into November....

Not to sure of your location but central and eastern pa will receive the most benefits from this front. A nice easterly flow off the Atlantic. Southwest pa will see the least amount of cooling from the front. To answer your question overnight.   From northeast to southwest.  If the gfs is right we might see some decent relief middle of next week and beyond. Euro is different with tropical weather just off the coast and less of a cooldown. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, daxx said:

Not to sure of your location but central and eastern pa will receive the most benefits from this front. A nice easterly flow off the Atlantic. Southwest pa will see the least amount of cooling from the front. To answer your question overnight.   From northeast to southwest.  If the gfs is right we might see some decent relief middle of next week and beyond. Euro is different with tropical weather just off the coast and less of a cool down. 

Thanks for the info! I’m in the laurel mountains a little SE of pgh....no one has posted in our thread since 8/23...lol I always come to your board and the ENSO thread to see what might be coming up! 

14 hours ago, canderson said:

Nice cool, grey day out today. It's gorgeous!

Not if you were in SWPA (Pittsburgh area). I took a PSU soccer team out there for a game in Pleasant Hills, and the gray drizzlies ended as I was coming down off the Laurels, and it was sunny and 86 out there during the afternoon...

On 9/12/2019 at 9:35 PM, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

Thanks for the info! I’m in the laurel mountains a little SE of pgh....no one has posted in our thread since 8/23...lol I always come to your board and the ENSO thread to see what might be coming up! 

Thanks for posting here!

This thread gets much more active as we approach winter...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voyager said:

Not if you were in SWPA (Pittsburgh area). I took a PSU soccer team out there for a game in Pleasant Hills, and the gray drizzlies ended as I was coming down off the Laurels, and it was sunny and 86 out there during the afternoon...

Sounds like your kind of day though at least!

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Sounds like your kind of day though at least!

It was. I wonder if it had anything to do with downsloping, though.

Mag?