• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The guy from Millersville that shall not be named called this morning's rain way back on Monday...

There's even a chance that a wave of low pressure will develop along the front--if so, this would slow the eastward movement and, thus, extend the chance of some rain into Friday.

That was a great call!

Thank goodness that this front has passed!

This should be a great weather weekend!

Only 1 week until Met. Fall begins !

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Been on hiatus but stopped back in to say how amazing it is.  Saving electric as well.  

hope you're well? 

Yeah, finally able to turn of the Air and open the windows. Pretty sure the electric company's made some cash. I think this ended up 5th hottest Summer.  

25 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

hope you're well? 

Yeah, finally able to turn of the Air and open the windows. Pretty sure the electric company's made some cash. I think this ended up 5th hottest Summer.  

Thanks, I am fine I just have to stop weather for awhile.  I only do winter weather for the most part :-).  My memory is surely off but do not remember many Augusts like the last half of this August.  If it were raining all day that would be one thing but this is highs in the 70's with full sun.  Dog Days my ass!  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks, I am fine I just have to stop weather for awhile.  I only do winter weather for the most part :-).  My memory is surely off but do not remember many Augusts like the last half of this August.  If it were raining all day that would be one thing but this is highs in the 70's with full sun.  Dog Days my ass!  

and fwiw, it looks to continue into early Sept.  Looking over ens members, its not a hard pattern to take for late summer with several shots from the land of Canooks to keep us comfy until Autumn really arrives.  Enough ridging out West to keep flow coming from w/nw.  I'm down w/ dat.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

and fwiw, it looks to continue into early Sept.  Looking over ens members, its not a hard pattern to take for late summer with several shots from the land of Canooks to keep us comfy until Autumn really arrives.  Enough ridging out West to keep flow coming from w/nw.  I'm down w/ dat.

That will make the late September torch bearable. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Has anyone mentioned what the lowest high temp, at MDT, is for August?  I am not sure.  

I don't know either. From memory there was a rainy day back in the mid 1980s that was only in the mid 60s. No idea if that was the record, but I'd think the record can't be much lower than that. 

40 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Open windows and 68 in our place right now.

That's still about 3 degrees too warm. :) 

We have a lot of east and south facing windows with full solar exposure. Granted, today it might not be so bad but on a sunny, 60 degree day my home would easily be in the mid 70s unless I closed all the curtains/blinds. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not really sure what happened to the cool air for the upcoming weekend, a lot of forecasts that I'm seeing for Lancaster are for temps in the mid 80s both Saturday and Sunday. 

I saw that too and am a bit bummed. Looks like a passage just kinda dies out allowing a more southern flow to envelope us. 

16 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not really sure what happened to the cool air for the upcoming weekend, a lot of forecasts that I'm seeing for Lancaster are for temps in the mid 80s both Saturday and Sunday. 

I'm ok with low to mid 80s yet, as long as nights stay in the 60s. However i will be expecting a fall-ish cool down September 3rd :D