• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Retractable roof for the Diamondbacks. It lacks any character whatsoever - kinda like Citizens’ in Philly, but is a good place to catch the best sport in the world. 

Citizens Bank Park is one of the best stadiums in baseball ! There is not a bad seat in the stadium & there are great food options.

It was a fantastic upgrade over old Vetarans Stadium!

Also, Go Phillies!

I guess that I should mention the weather...It is only 28 days until Met. Fall begins !

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Citizens Bank Park is one of the best stadiums in baseball ! There is not a bad seat in the stadium & there are great food options.

It was a fantastic upgrade over old Vetarans Stadium!

Also, Go Phillies!

I guess that I should mention the weather...It is only 28 days until Met. Fall begins !

Man I hate CBP. I find it void of any atmosphere and any stadium where you can’t walk from the LF to RF pole to me should be burnt lol. 

YMMV of course

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Man I hate CBP. I find it void of any atmosphere and any stadium where you can’t walk from the LF to RF pole to me should be burnt lol. 

YMMV of course

Have to strongly disagree with you on this one...I've been to 22 MLB parks and CBP is definitely top 10. And I despise the Phillies. 

2 hours ago, daxx said:

I had 2.06 inches of rain today.   Three miles up the road was bone dry.  This area just keeps on getting hit with storms.

Just a shade over .5" for me. I figured you got hit pretty good today around noon. Funny, my wife and I were walking the trail directly across the river in sunshine while there was almost non-stop thunder coming from over your way. 

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Retractable roof for the Diamondbacks. It lacks any character whatsoever - kinda like Citizens’ in Philly, but is a good place to catch the best sport in the world. 

10 hours ago, Voyager said:

Yup. As Canderson said, a retractable roof stadium. Keeps it about 75 to 80 inside no matter the outside temp. I was at the first ever game played here back in 1998 when it opened.

Interesting...

On 8/3/2019 at 9:35 PM, Itstrainingtime said:

Have to strongly disagree with you on this one...I've been to 22 MLB parks and CBP is definitely top 10. And I despise the Phillies. 

as much as i hate the phils, i agree.

I will add, i'm glad i was able to get my daughter to Fenway and Wrigley. 

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

as much as i hate the phils, i agree.

I will add, i'm glad i was able to get my daughter to Fenway and Wrigley. 

Not sure what's happened over the years in Wrigleyville. First time I was there was before they had lights...games would sometimes be suspended due to darkness which was obviously very unique for a major league venue. After the lights came in '89 it's been pretty much a nonstop expansion of scoreboards, rooftop seating sections and other things that have dramatically changed the wind pattern, number of homers, and scoring in general. One game I was at in the late 80s it was 11-7 Cubbies...after the 2nd inning. Ryne Sandberg was 3-3 with 2 bombs and 8 RBI's as the game went to the 3rd inning. Shoot the Phillies played a 23-22 game and an 18-16 game out there within a couple of years of each other. Still a great place to visit but it's lost some of that uniqueness over time. 

What are things like up your way now? I've had enough rain consistently that everything is still very green...

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not sure what's happened over the years in Wrigleyville. First time I was there was before they had lights...games would sometimes be suspended due to darkness which was obviously very unique for a major league venue. After the lights came in '89 it's been pretty much a nonstop expansion of scoreboards, rooftop seating sections and other things that have dramatically changed the wind pattern, number of homers, and scoring in general. One game I was at in the late 80s it was 11-7 Cubbies...after the 2nd inning. Ryne Sandberg was 3-3 with 2 bombs and 8 RBI's as the game went to the 3rd inning. Shoot the Phillies played a 23-22 game and an 18-16 game out there within a couple of years of each other. Still a great place to visit but it's lost some of that uniqueness over time. 

What are things like up your way now? I've had enough rain consistently that everything is still very green...

Last year was my first time there, so i'm not sure. We did enjoy the experience though. Places like Chicago and Boston are just a fantastic time. the people help make it a top notch time. (Boston= a beer drinking town with a baseball problem) 

vegetation showing signs of distress from lack of precip. I was ok when i left on the 26th but when i got back it was a noticeable difference. 

2 hours ago, Anduril said:

Its funny after all the rain we had in june but damn...I could really use some rain. My lawns starting to look pretty rough

Grass on the other side of my garage is basically dead. Around 2" rain in July will do that to you when it's 4+ degrees warmer than average. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

East Pennsboro? First game is today, correct? 

Yes, EP. We lost yesterday to NJ 1-0. NJ was the most hyped team going into the Mid Atlantic tourney and picked to win, however they just lost lost to DC. This EP team was last years Eastern National Champion at 11U. We'll see, even with losing yesterday,  i like where we sit. Next Game tomorrow at 10am.

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wrigley's OK - it's kinda a dump right now because previous ownership didn't put any money into it and they literally had concrete chunks falling on fans. The neighborhood is the best part of Wrigley, IMO.

Fenway is the best park in baseball when you factor out comfort. It's IMO much more "oh my god this is God's game" beauty than Wrigley.

I've been to every MLB stadium except the new Miami one. I rank the top few as:

1) Fenway (BOS) - I try to take my bias out too, unless you are behind a pole or in a section that you have to turn to see home it can't be beat. If you have those issues though you'll probably hate life for a few hours
2) PacBell/Oracle (SF) - It's about perfect. And concessions-wise it's very unique. 
3) PNC (PIT) - Too bad the franchise with the worst ownership in pro sports play there
4) PetCo (SD)
5) Dodger Stadium (LAD)
6) Wrigley (CHC)
7) Target Field (MIN)
8) Camden Yards (BAL)
9) Kauffman (KC)
10) Coors Field (DEN)

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wrigley's OK - it's kinda a dump right now because previous ownership didn't put any money into it and they literally had concrete chunks falling on fans. The neighborhood is the best part of Wrigley, IMO.

Fenway is the best park in baseball when you factor out comfort. It's IMO much more "oh my god this is God's game" beauty than Wrigley.

I've been to every MLB stadium except the new Miami one. I rank the top few as:

1) Fenway (BOS) - I try to take my bias out too, unless you are behind a pole or in a section that you have to turn to see home it can't be beat. If you have those issues though you'll probably hate life for a few hours
2) PacBell/Oracle (SF) - It's about perfect. And concessions-wise it's very unique. 
3) PNC (PIT) - Too bad the franchise with the worst ownership in pro sports play there
4) PetCo (SD)
5) Dodger Stadium (LAD)
6) Wrigley (CHC)
7) Target Field (MIN)
8) Camden Yards (BAL)
9) Kauffman (KC)
10) Coors Field (DEN)

crazy how close we are

Fenway

PNC

Oracle

Wrigley. 

i give Miller park a thumbs up too. Not because i thought their stadium was great, but the freeking bar was amazing. Only ball park i NEVER waited for a beer. And, the only stadium that served the Champagne of Beers, Miller High Life :drunk: 

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@canderson @sauss06 those are both terrific lists and I'm glad to see Kauffman get some love. I think it's the most underrated park in the bigs. I also really like Dodger Stadium but I don't always feel the safest there...

we were to go up to Dodger a couple years ago when we went to San Francisco and something happened we couldn't make it. Every other year when we do our Beer and Baseball tours we try to hit multiple stadiums in the same trip. Last year when in Chicago we missed the White Soxs due to rain, so we only got 2 of 3 we were to see. 

Upcoming weekend looks GREAT. 

Anyone else hit 90 yesterday?

26 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

we were to go up to Dodger a couple years ago when we went to San Francisco and something happened we couldn't make it. Every other year when we do our Beer and Baseball tours we try to hit multiple stadiums in the same trip. Last year when in Chicago we missed the White Soxs due to rain, so we only got 2 of 3 we were to see. 

Upcoming weekend looks GREAT. 

Anyone else hit 90 yesterday?

That might have been a blessing to miss the White Sox park...just saying. :) Probably the best thing about it is that it was the first stadium built in the new era of ballparks that weren't built like the Vet, Three Rivers, Riverfront, Busch, etc. New Comisky Park (as it was known then) opened the floodgates that saw OPCY come the following year and then many others shortly thereafter. 

You know, I didn't even check to see what my high was. So...I'm not sure if I hit 90 or not, lol

11 hours ago, canderson said:

Hahahaha I laughed way too loudly at this. 

I'm glad. It was meant to be be tongue in cheek for anyone with a sense of humor! :)

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Honest question...are you enjoying 117 degree heat? 

I'm ok with it. It's uncomfortable, but since I had my thyroid issues, the winter cold has been nearly intolerable for me.