• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

I can see already by the radar presentation that I'm going to miss the good stuff once again. I have NEVER hated a place I live in more than this God-forsaking coal cracker shit hole. 

And for the record, the lack of interesting weather is only part of why I hate it here so much.

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

PBZ used wording I’ve never seen in the wrap of the daily discussion. Fairly ominous.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=PBZ&issuedby=PBZ&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Does seem very heavily worded. However, they def seem to have had flooding issues already today out in the pittsburgh area

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

First rain of the day produced 1.2" here in 25 minutes. 

I got you beat on that.  Between 3:00 and 3:25 I had 1.42" of rain.  I completely missed it as I was at the gym in Mechanicsburg.  Didn't even know it had rained that much until I was browsing through the earlier posts here.  Then I took a look at my weather station and was totally surprised.  That's an incredible amount of rain for such a short period of time.  Today's rainfall makes 5 of the last 8 days (since 7/4) with over 1" of rainfall.  I've recorded 7.73" of rain in the past 8 days.  I'm ready to say it's a near lock that I'll exceed 10" by the end of the month.  Certainly wondering how much of the hurricane moisture makes its way up here.  Sounds like it is progged to move northward and then get picked up by a front and shunted eastward towards our area.  :raining:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I got you beat on that.  Between 3:00 and 3:25 I had 1.42" of rain.  I completely missed it as I was at the gym in Mechanicsburg.  Didn't even know it had rained that much until I was browsing through the earlier posts here.  Then I took a look at my weather station and was totally surprised.  That's an incredible amount of rain for such a short period of time.  Today's rainfall makes 5 of the last 8 days (since 7/4) with over 1" of rainfall.  I've recorded 7.73" of rain in the past 8 days.  I'm ready to say it's a near lock that I'll exceed 10" by the end of the month.  Certainly wondering how much of the hurricane moisture makes its way up here.  Sounds like it is progged to move northward and then get picked up by a front and shunted eastward towards our area.  :raining:

It's still way out there but we could potentially see some decent rain later next week.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Spending a nice Saturday afternoon at Spring Gate Winery here in the Harrisburg area. Beautiful grounds and buildings. Too bad I'm working and can't enjoy the wine.

Nice spot - you aren’t missing much though I think their wine sucks. If the Lancaster Cupcake truck is there today buy a few. They’reTHE BEST.

5 hours ago, canderson said:

Nice spot - you aren’t missing much though I think their wine sucks. If the Lancaster Cupcake truck is there today buy a few. They’reTHE BEST.

I never even knew they existed until I did this private charter today. We did Troegs Brewery and then the winery. I didn't eat at the food trucks because I had a big lunch at the brewery. The trucks were expensive though.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I never even knew they existed until I did this private charter today. We did Troegs Brewery and then the winery. I didn't eat at the food trucks because I had a big lunch at the brewery. The trucks were expensive though.

I can’t imagine taking a bus to Troegs on a Saturday in the summer. We avoid it like the plague from June through September...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, canderson said:

I can’t imagine taking a bus to Troegs on a Saturday in the summer. We avoid it like the plague from June through September...

I dropped the group off and then one of the Troegs folks had me back into their loading dock area since they weren't doing any shipping or receiving. Nice place. Had a "gourmet" grilled cheese sandwich that you dipped in tomato sauce. And some kind of organic sugar based cola from up in Maine that was pretty good actually.

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

I dropped the group off and then one of the Troegs folks had me back into their loading dock area since they weren't doing any shipping or receiving. Nice place. Had a "gourmet" grilled cheese sandwich that you dipped in tomato sauce. And some kind of organic sugar based cola from up in Maine that was pretty good actually.

If you like soft pretzels, theirs is one of the better ones you’ll find outside Germany. 

12 hours ago, canderson said:

The Dauphin County Brewfest is next Saturday. I might be too hot to drink.

whoa whoa whoa, easy there fella. Did you hit yo head? To Hot to drink? 

Starting Tuesday, looks like 90's straight into next week. The Pennsylvania Little League State tournament is being hosted by Camp Hill This year for those of you who didn't know it. 

• Haha 1

I dont know about you fellows but after a few weeks of week sauce weather I'm ready for the next 7 to 10 days of old school heat and hopefully an mcs mcv type event or two. After hours of hard core crunching with my zeus like forecasting abilities this is what I have to say about  the next 7-10 days in the link 

If you dont like it your a ass clown big time.