Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,514
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
    Joined
Bubbler86

Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I'm thinking we could string about 4 or so days of 90s again next week.

Hopefully it's not as humid as last weekend. Heat - as much as I complain - is fine if it's not hanging with a dewpoint in the mid 60s+.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hopefully it's not as humid as last weekend. Heat - as much as I complain - is fine if it's not hanging with a dewpoint in the mid 60s+.

Then you might be in full bitch and complain mode late next week! Euro has us in the mid 90s with dewpoints  in the low to mid 70s. Maybe some tropical remnants late next week as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, daxx said:

Then you might be in full bitch and complain mode late next week! Euro has us in the mid 90s with dewpoints  in the low to mid 70s. Maybe some tropical remnants late next week as well.

shut

up

you............:cry:

:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, daxx said:

Then you might be in full bitch and complain mode late next week! Euro has us in the mid 90s with dewpoints  in the low to mid 70s. Maybe some tropical remnants late next week as well.

I’ll be back home in Texas for a week in mid August. I can’t complain about anything herewith that coming soon lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Personally I thought today was far more uncomfortable than I thought it was going to be. Oh well...it's time for the summer weenies to have their time of happiness. 

agreed. i was expecting like a 1 day "break" lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sauss06 said:

agreed. i was expecting like a 1 day "break" lol

yeah yesterday was "tolerable".....

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sauss06 said:

agreed. i was expecting like a 1 day "break" lol

There was Noooooooooooooo break !!!!!!!!

I am ready for fall !!!!  

I took my KU Northeast snowstorm book to the pool the other day. My wife took one look at it & called me a “weather nerd”!

Dreaming about snow helps me to get through the summer !

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

There was Noooooooooooooo break !!!!!!!!

I am ready for fall !!!!  

I took my KU Northeast snowstorm book to the pool the other day. My wife took one look at it & called me a “weather nerd”!

Dreaming about snow helps me to get through the summer !

 

 

 

I watch videos of snowstorms that people post on YouTube. There are some great ones of the Weather Channel's coverage of the Blizzard of 93. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

There was Noooooooooooooo break !!!!!!!!

I am ready for fall !!!!  

I took my KU Northeast snowstorm book to the pool the other day. My wife took one look at it & called me a “weather nerd”!

Dreaming about snow helps me to get through the summer !

 

 

 

I find myself very lucky working in 30 degree temperatures twelve hours a days.  It makes summer a lot easier!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess some of us are going to need to get the boats out.

image.jpg

For those in the know what happened to the water rescue boat going over the dam during a rescue in Harrisburg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, pawatch said:

I guess some of us are going to need to get the boats out.

image.jpg

 

Not up here. We've only gotten about a quarter of the rain some have gotten this July. Only 1.6" so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, pawatch said:

I guess some of us are going to need to get the boats out.

image.jpg

For those in the know what happened to the water rescue boat going over the dam during a rescue in Harrisburg?

River Rescue was out training and they observed a kayak with two youngish dudes going near the dam, passing all marked buoys and warnings. RR went to aid them and while trying to prevent the kayak from going over they both did. 

No real injuries thankfully. That dam is incredibly dangerous and people are idiots for getting anywhere near it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, canderson said:

River Rescue was out training and they observed a kayak with two youngish dudes going near the dam, passing all marked buoys and warnings. RR went to aid them and while trying to prevent the kayak from going over they both did. 

No real injuries thankfully. That dam is incredibly dangerous and people are idiots for getting anywhere near it.

Just a little correction, it was Harrisburg Bureau of Fire that was out doing water rescue training, not river rescue. 2 separate entities. But agreed, 5 lives easily could have been lost due to people not obeying the warning signs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, canderson said:

River Rescue was out training and they observed a kayak with two youngish dudes going near the dam, passing all marked buoys and warnings. RR went to aid them and while trying to prevent the kayak from going over they both did. 

No real injuries thankfully. That dam is incredibly dangerous and people are idiots for getting anywhere near it.

 

25 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Just a little correction, it was Harrisburg Bureau of Fire that was out doing water rescue training, not river rescue. 2 separate entities. But agreed, 5 lives easily could have been lost due to people not obeying the warning signs. 

Going over a low head dam would be my worst night mare. Used to be involved with water rescue up here. You really have to respect the water.

Did they retrieve their boat? If so how bad did that get beat up.

Thanks for the update guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NWS State College
@NWSStateCollege
4h
Flash Flood Watch 2PM Thursday to 1AM Friday for the Lower Susquehanna Valley. Torrential downpours may produce isolated significant flash floods. #PAwx #TADD pic.twitter.com/6VLAjP7rmV

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

Just a little correction, it was Harrisburg Bureau of Fire that was out doing water rescue training, not river rescue. 2 separate entities. But agreed, 5 lives easily could have been lost due to people not obeying the warning signs. 

My bad. I often confuse those two (well I forget HFD has it’s own water training division). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pawatch said:

 

Going over a low head dam would be my worst night mare. Used to be involved with water rescue up here. You really have to respect the water.

Did they retrieve their boat? If so how bad did that get beat up.

Thanks for the update guys. 

Beat up, but all are ok. 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

My bad. I often confuse those two (well I forget HFD has it’s own water training division). 

 

 

Yeah, people don't realize HFD has their own water rescue. Boat, well trained crews etc. They have actually been out of the city for swift water rescues. The guys are well trained. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Beat up, but all are ok. 

Yeah, people don't realize HFD has their own water rescue. Boat, well trained crews etc. They have actually been out of the city for swift water rescues. The guys are well trained. 

My father was a volunteer fireman in Texas for many years and we'd go to all sorts of training events so I've seen my fair share of FDs. I honestly think Harrisburg's is one of the best I've ever seen. They're incredible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, canderson said:

My father was a volunteer fireman in Texas for many years and we'd go to all sorts of training events so I've seen my fair share of FDs. I honestly think Harrisburg's is one of the best I've ever seen. They're incredible. 

For their minimum staffing, these guys go get it. 

I had no rain this morning when i left the house at 530, get on the other side of the susky and it looked like it poured all night. and haven't had any rain really since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anduril said:

damn it weather can we please not rain for a little bit so I can get the yard done. Seriously

uh....good luck w/ that one bud.

My yard also awaits my mower....should have hit it last night, but went for a ride instead #priorities :).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

My yard also awaits my mower....should have hit it last night, but went for a ride instead #priorities :).

 

 

Mine too. I got off work and was home before sunset last night, but figured I had this morning yet to get it done, so I waited. I figured wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've gotta be at a record for most flood watches in 2 years...right?

 

I was helping my dad dig a trench around his shed and filling it with rocks the other day so the water stops flooding and getting into his shed. Has a tube that transports the water to the back of the yard into the gutter behind the fence. He's had that shed for over 30 years and he never had problems with it flooding the inside until the past 2 years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

uh....good luck w/ that one bud.

My yard also awaits my mower....should have hit it last night, but went for a ride instead #priorities :).

 

 

I managed to get half the back yard done this morning before it started raining :p maybe I'll get lucky and can finish it tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×