• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

4 hours ago, pawatch said:

I hate to say it but...I'm ready for a little rain. River is getting awful low.  

Some leaves starting to turn up this way.

Looking over ensembles, a week from today looks to be starting into a cooler regime, as 2m air temps have blues starting to show up w/ some gusto.  Also seems to be showing some chances for appreciable precip into second week of Oct.  If verified, looks like some nice fall weather coming up once we get to latter part of next week.  Might have to dust off of my model watching websites.  :).

Nut 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Looking over ensembles, a week from today looks to be starting into a cooler regime, as 2m air temps have blues starting to show up w/ some gusto.  Also seems to be showing some chances for appreciable precip into second week of Oct.  If verified, looks like some nice fall weather coming up once we get to latter part of next week.  Might have to dust off of my model watching websites.  :).

Nut 

Yes sir...We are starting to see some good signs that this endless summer is coming to an end.  

• Like 1

Well a drought has been officially declared for a small, far south east portion of this forum.  I was so used to everyone saying how wet it was I wonder the last time an official drought has been in place?    Next map comes out in a week and I am guessing much of the LSV will officially be in a drought.

image.thumb.png.168f76600fc0eafc6cb0440076807fee.png

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Didn't quite make it to .1" of rain yesterday. Radar looked better than ground reality around here. 

@sauss06 You okay? Haven't seen you post in a while. I hope all is well. 

Damn work is getting involved with my weather life :wacko: But I'm good, thanks for asking. i worked 14 straight 10 hour days, had off Sunday the 22nd. I'm off 1/2 day today and i'm already over 50 hours. I'm tired

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Gonna be a shock to system to go from a high of 90F to a high of 60F in just a couple days.

That's one thing that seems to be missing during the winter. I remember back when I was younger there were arctic fronts where it would go from 40 to 10 in a matter of hours. We don't seem to get those kind of temperature swings any longer. 

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Damn work is getting involved with my weather life :wacko: But I'm good, thanks for asking. i worked 14 straight 10 hour days, had off Sunday the 22nd. I'm off 1/2 day today and i'm already over 50 hours. I'm tired

I was doing way too much of that over the summer. Hope to never again...we're getting too old for this kind of nonsense. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not one drop of rain down this way. We had continuous lightning for at least 2 hours but everything seemed to ride the 'pike and just north. 

Lets hope the whole forum gets some showers this week.  Tired of watering.  LOL.   Plus it is costing me as we are on city water. Some 6-7 weeks now with only 1/2" of rain. 

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I wish that I was in Montana today for that early historic snowstorm!

Our time is approaching soon. October is almost here! We could soon be discussing first frost & freeze. 

I’m starting to really look forward to winter tracking season with all of you!

just saw a vid on Social Media and wowzers.  Thats just a hum dinger of a storm.

Next weekend cant come soon enough. 

FIrst sniff of leaves while out on the bike w/ my wife today.  Its the small things that sometimes make one happy.  That made me happy.

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

just saw a vid on Social Media and wowzers.  Thats just a hum dinger of a storm.

Next weekend cant come soon enough. 

FIrst sniff of leaves while out on the bike w/ my wife today.  Its the small things that sometimes make one happy.  That made me happy.

I'm weird like this, but I'm happy that it's getting dark earlier and earlier. Can't get a big dump of snow until we're dark around dinner time. 

23 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm weird like this, but I'm happy that it's getting dark earlier and earlier. Can't get a big dump of snow until we're dark around dinner time. 

my bro and i both talk about how we love the early darness of winter....people think our wires dont touch.  They are probably onto something ;)