• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Since landing in Dallas the real feel hasn't dipped below 89. It’s currently 111.

I fly out tomorrow night and it could hit 120 again then cause the temp might hit 105.

We can't wait for you to get back to our area. As such, we're looking at heat indexes at or above 100 on Monday to welcome you! 

18 hours ago, Anduril said:

Im ok with this the up coming heatwave if we have lightning storms like the other day...if not...pass this shit back southplease

Definitely. I'll take a 2 hour lightning show like that any day. Barely rained either so it made it really easy to watch.

I'm wondering how long that line to our west holds up. It looks like there's a couple of pop ups in lancaster.

18 hours ago, canderson said:

Any long range guys have thoughts yet on if this'll be the last push of extreme heat? I know in mid to late September we'll bake at 80 or so some but let's work together and get 90+ outta here asap.

If one looks at the GEFS, it appears that end of month has a brief period above normal, but as you stated, anomalous in late Aug/early Sept can be a little less harsh.  Beyond that period, plenty of blues on the map, with it centered in the central basin region.  As long as the SER is kept at bay (as currently shown), I'd say we might have seen the worst of summer, and a more pleasant regime setting up into early sept.  Beyond that, its too early for me to dig too deep, and warm season indicies are not my wheelhouse, as its not something i pay much attention to.  I only start looking in early Oct.   

This year I decided to stay out of the cave and just roll w/ it and keep in touch.  What can i say....yall r just a bundle of fun to be around ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

If one looks at the GEFS, it appears that end of month has a brief period above normal, but as you stated, anomalous in late Aug/early Sept can be a little less harsh.  Beyond that period, plenty of blues on the map, with it centered in the central basin region.  As long as the SER is kept at bay (as currently shown), I'd say we might have seen the worst of summer, and a more pleasant regime setting up into early sept.  Beyond that, its too early for me to dig too deep, and warm season indicies are not my wheelhouse, as its not something i pay much attention to.  I only start looking in early Oct.   

This year I decided to stay out of the cave and just roll w/ it and keep in touch.  What can i say....yall r just a bundle of fun to be around ;)

Thanks! 

I haven’t minded this spring and summer except the 10 or so extreme days we’ve had. 

2 hours ago, pasnownut said:

The grill is stoked and the meat is sizzling...it ain't ready yet but we're licking our chops in anticipation...

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The grill is stoked and the meat is sizzling...it ain't ready yet but we're licking our chops in anticipation...

Looks like great grillin....and maybe a bit of chillin is coming up.  500 if believed this far out shows slight ridging in the west and zonal ish in the east, with winds primarily w or nw, it would be hard to really get too hot....but more importantly keeping dews at reasonable levels.  Thats about all i can get ya for now.  

Cheers

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Seriously, this is a great rain. Been raining for 2-3 hours. NWS missed this one this morning imo.

The guy from Millersville that shall not be named called this morning's rain way back on Monday...

There's even a chance that a wave of low pressure will develop along the front--if so, this would slow the eastward movement and, thus, extend the chance of some rain into Friday.