• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

18 minutes ago, canderson said:

I look forward to the record-setting Arizona blizzard this November!

Somehow, that would be my luck...

Side note. It was about 15 years ago when the area had one of it's coldest morning's ever. Don't know if Phoenix set a record or not, but it was a Sunday (I always called them on Sunday morning) and they told me it was 16 degrees in Sun City. That afternoon it warmed up only into the low 40's.

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ended up with .7" of rain last night from that line of storms around 10pm. All of it fell in 30 minutes.

barely wet the ground in my hood.  I could tell that Etown got rocked a bit though.  lots of leaves/debris

Well it had been drying out pretty nicely around here in the last few weeks. Then today happened:

IMG_2818.thumb.jpg.0af098d02fd59a6d0390aaf4da57805a.jpgIMG_2819.thumb.jpg.dfdeb71f78d29291de9afeb5d4a27b70.jpgIMG_2820.thumb.jpg.b065d32bef2f7371cdd61269a59813df.jpg

AE703DC6-3815-40E0-8EC3-EA95899D1100.thumb.png.38adecfd4b1eefb34119e6f6531429af.png

I was on the edge of the approximately 3" or so area on the doppler estimate.. and that all fell in the better part of an hour or so. Also the worst lightning storm I've seen in awhile. 

• Like 2

Hi Guys.  Meant to post this late Thursday.  With no rain in the forecast for Thursday a super-isolated shower developed as I was driving home from the gym.  There was still plenty of blue sky and sunshine while all of a sudden it began to pour.  Meanwhile, the sun stayed out the entire time and I was treated to a rainbow off to the east that I followed on my trip back to my house.  When I arrived home the sun was still shining but it was still pouring and it continued that way for close to 20 more minutes.  Picked up 0.10" of rain all while the sun stayed out the entire time.  It was the strangest experience.  I know it's common to have stuff like this happen down in Florida during the summertime, but usually around here you might get a few minutes of sun from a tiny break in the sky in the west while the rain is still falling.  I would say at least half the sky was cloud-free during this non-forecasted rain "storm".  Pretty amazing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Hi Guys.  Meant to post this late Thursday.  With no rain in the forecast for Thursday a super-isolated shower developed as I was driving home from the gym.  There was still plenty of blue sky and sunshine while all of a sudden it began to pour.  Meanwhile, the sun stayed out the entire time and I was treated to a rainbow off to the east that I followed on my trip back to my house.  When I arrived home the sun was still shining but it was still pouring and it continued that way for close to 20 more minutes.  Picked up 0.10" of rain all while the sun stayed out the entire time.  It was the strangest experience.  I know it's common to have stuff like this happen down in Florida during the summertime, but usually around here you might get a few minutes of sun from a tiny break in the sky in the west while the rain is still falling.  I would say at least half the sky was cloud-free during this non-forecasted rain "storm".  Pretty amazing.

I love reading stories like that. Thanks for sharing. It looks like you might be getting hit again right about now...