• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

Thanks for the data. I wish we had historical dew point records because I'm very curious how this month's humidity levels rank historically. 

I’m trying to figure out where I saw it but there was a study done recently that clearly demonstrated that a big difference in the last 20 to 30 years has been the increasing to do points which have helped bring nighttime lows higher as well

. Pro

Thanks for the data. I wish we had historical dew point records because I'm very curious how this month's humidity levels rank historically. 

Speaking personally I had the distinct pleasure of working outside for 12 hours and Saturday all while cooking over charcoal for a good portion. My friend owns a pig roast catering business and someone had the bright idea to have an outdoor wedding in July. It was four of us. The one person who worked with us used to be in the Marine recon I believe it and the other person has been doing this for 30 years and both of them said it was single-handedly one of the worst conditions they’ve ever worked. I managed to go through six shirts drink 8 pounds of liquid and still end up 5 pounds later afterwords.

. Pro

Just parsing over overnights and it appears that with the exception of a short warm period next week, a rather benign period is setting up into the extended.  WAR is basically non existent (per GFS/GEFS) and temps are tolerable.  I think we'll all take some "normal" weather for a change.  Seeing that we are 5.2 deg above normal for July, I'm happy with that. 

If one believes the GFS suite, it looks like Aug may start on the "cool" side.  

Looking forward to less sweating.   

• Like 2

I saw a few talking about monthly climate so I thought I would just update my precip for this month.  I have recorded 8.79" of rain this month, or about 2.25x the normal monthly amount.  If I receive another 0.75" between now and the end of the month I will tie last July's rainfall of 9.5".  Quite a feat to have back-to-back July's with nearly 10" of precip.  July 2018 precip was then eclipsed 2 months later with 10.5" recorded in September.  Wonder how this year will pan out?  

Oh yeah, my 3 highs from last Friday>Sunday were 95.1, 95.5, and 96.3 respectively.  

15 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I saw a few talking about monthly climate so I thought I would just update my precip for this month.  I have recorded 8.79" of rain this month, or about 2.25x the normal monthly amount.  If I receive another 0.75" between now and the end of the month I will tie last July's rainfall of 9.5".  Quite a feat to have back-to-back July's with nearly 10" of precip.  July 2018 precip was then eclipsed 2 months later with 10.5" recorded in September.  Wonder how this year will pan out?  

Oh yeah, my 3 highs from last Friday>Sunday were 95.1, 95.5, and 96.3 respectively.  

My son and i were talking about how nice the grass is for July (other than a bit of stubborn crabgrass), and no doubt the rain has helped to keep things lush despite the temp anomaly.  If we keep it up, the corn harvest should be a banner one.  (i always hope that for our farmers - and my belly as we love sweet corn) 

3 hours ago, pasnownut said:

My son and i were talking about how nice the grass is for July (other than a bit of stubborn crabgrass), and no doubt the rain has helped to keep things lush despite the temp anomaly.  If we keep it up, the corn harvest should be a banner one.  (i always hope that for our farmers - and my belly as we love sweet corn) 

Yes sir, between the corn and peaches I feel blessed to live in this area. Those fruits and veggies help make summer a bit more tolerable for me. Sort of. 

39 minutes ago, canderson said:

This weather is boring as hell. And I need rain, everything's starting to die because it's so dry here. And looks like nothing until possible next Thursday when a minor cold front could push through.

B-O-R-I-N-G

If ya want to go up to WIlkes-Barre they're getting some rain

2 hours ago, canderson said:

This weather is boring as hell. And I need rain, everything's starting to die because it's so dry here. And looks like nothing until possible next Thursday when a minor cold front could push through.

B-O-R-I-N-G

Oh it was raining some big fat drops (well like ten of them) as we were coming back up the Carlisle pike! :p