• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I'd say you're asking for the impossible but from what you guys have been saying maybe the Harrisburg area misses everything again...

I know, wishful thinking. We went under a lightning delay and they ended up calling our game last night. @canderson had no rain, we had 4-5 minutes of it. 

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

as much as i'd like the rain they're calling for today, i really don't want a rain out tonight. can we compromise and have it rain after 10?

Me neither. I'd like to see one more of my grandson's ball games before I head west to take care of my mom....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Can’t make it up.

41 minutes ago, Anduril said:

It was almost magical watching that line approach Harrisburg disappear and then rebuild just after lol. Cannot make this stuff up

You guys are experiencing what I get every storm event. Today is no exception here as well. The storm is getting it's act together south/east of me, just like last night's (and many before) action did.

49 minutes ago, canderson said:

Pretty sure I finished the past week and a half with .2". Quite incredible.

In other news it feels MUCH better this morning. 

That is remarkable. I was fortunate to get good rain several times last week before largely missing out yesterday...eyeballing maybe a quarter inch? 

Just now, daxx said:

What a difference in airmass! It feels fantastic outside. After last night's rainfall I am sitting at 7.08 inches for the month of July.  We definitely need to dry out around here.

I just got back from a walk across the campus down here...first time in a week my glasses didn't fog up as soon as I walked outside! :) 

KMDT is at 3.08” for the month. Looking at extended forecast only 1 decent chance of rain left for the month. Good chance they break the streak of consecutive months of above normal precipitation at 9. Average high for the MTD has been 90.5 and low had been 71.8 for an average of 81.2. Normal values are 85.6, 66.3, 76.0. There have only been 5 July’s with mean high temperatures at 90 and above with 2011 being the most recent. And all that talk of 1999 being unbearable was warranted as they hold the top spot at 93.5.

. Pro

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

KMDT is at 3.08” for the month. Looking at extended forecast only 1 decent chance of rain left for the month. Good chance they break the streak of consecutive months of above normal precipitation at 9. Average high for the MTD has been 90.5 and low had been 71.8 for an average of 81.2. Normal values are 85.6, 66.3, 76.0. There have only been 5 July’s with mean high temperatures at 90 and above with 2011 being the most recent. And all that talk of 1999 being unbearable was warranted as they hold the top spot at 93.5.

. Pro

Thanks for the data. I wish we had historical dew point records because I'm very curious how this month's humidity levels rank historically. 

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

. Pro

Awesome information...pretty crazy that as the crow flies I'm about 15 miles from MDT and have had well over double the rainfall this month. That sums up pretty well how dry the Harrisburg metro has been recently.