• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

Just tied my high from yesterday of 94.2...nice little spike over the past hour. Dew dropped back to 74 which no doubt helped. 

LNS: 94

MDT: 96

THV: 91

Looks like my call from early week might bust too high in some areas...and I went lower than a lot on here. (I had THV and LNS at 99 and MDT at 97) 

Maybe tomorrow...

6 minutes ago, daxx said:

Between now and Tuesday someone is going to receive  a lot of rain.  With the front slowing down and several waves riding it, things should get interesting around here!  

I looked at my point/click forecast and is looks like at least 2 inches.

45 minutes ago, daxx said:

Yea...I believe certain areas could double that if not more if everything lines up right.  The big question is where will the heaviest rain set up.  

That's what it looked like on the model guidance. 2-4 in most locations.

1 hour ago, daxx said:

Yea...I believe certain areas could double that if not more if everything lines up right.  The big question is where will the heaviest rain set up.  

I was snooping around looking at some of the modeling this morning before I saw your post from last night...sure seems like someone MIGHT get a half foot of rain. 

KLNS currently showing a dewpoint of 79.  That is the highest I can ever remember.  Have we ever had an 80 handle?  And FYI, the highest ever veriified dewpoint in the United States is 88.  Sheesh, not too far off that mark.  And from the completely out of hand department, the highest ever dew point in the world was 95 in Saudi Aradia.  Coupled with an air temp of 108, the heat index was a tidy 176.  Makes our 112 not seem so bad (or not).

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Taking a break from this heat, @Voyager we’ll miss you while you’re out in Arizona helping your mother. Don’t be a stranger. 

I won't be. I'll still read and post here. I consider you all friends, even if we do have different opinions on which is the best season of the year!

:hug:

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was snooping around looking at some of the modeling this morning before I saw your post from last night...sure seems like someone MIGHT get a half foot of rain. 

As long as it's not the Pine Grove/Tremont area again. Those poor folks need a break from flood events, but it seems like they sit under a geographic "shower head" every time we have a big rain event.

7 hours ago, canderson said:

Seriously that was an impressive way to miss rain. Storm to the south 2 miles away, to the west 1 mile and to the north 1.5 miles. 

But a slug of moisture is about to hut. Not stormy unfortunately. 

poured on the other side of the susky..................for 3 minutes. 

Despite the high air/water temps fishing has been epic in the Conawago Adams/York Co. the past week so even though I knew It could get hairy overnight I decided to do a over night kayaking trip last night. It turned out I missed every storm musky and catfish down that way I dont know if I was lucky or unlucky. It did turn out to be much cooler then previous nights and the wago was absolute glass and peaceful this morning. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Well I thought it'd rain last night but rain gauge was bone dry and my dirt is as dry as it was yesterday afternoon so I guess no rain actually fell last night after all. That or it evaporated as it did fall. 

as much as i'd like the rain they're calling for today, i really don't want a rain out tonight. can we compromise and have it rain after 10?