• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

Well guys, it's absolutely pouring here AGAIN!  For the past 3 of 4 days (4, 5, 7th) I've recorded over an inch of rain.  1.25" on the 4th, 1.5" on the 6th, and I just hit the 1" mark right now with what looks like easily another 0.5" or more yet to come.  I'm under a Flood Advisory issued 15 minutes ago.  Will send out another update when it ends.  Looked at my records and I'm up to 30.55" for the year and have exceeded the normal monthly July rainfall already in the first week of this month.

Guys, the rainfall abated for a while around midnight giving me a daily total of 1.95".  However, around 4am another deluge came back and by 8am I picked up another 1.66"!  That gives me four of the last five consecutive days with over 1" of rainfall each day.  Also, in the 14 hours between 6pm last night and 8am this morning I picked up 3.60" of rain.  I'm still waiting to see if my my creek is going to flood.  It hasn't yet, but should continue to rise throughout today and may overflow its banks by this evening.  I live safely along the Conodoguinet just above the flood plain.  Month-to-date rainfall total now stands at 6.43".

8 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Guys, the rainfall abated for a while around midnight giving me a daily total of 1.95".  However, around 4am another deluge came back and by 8am I picked up another 1.66"!  That gives me four of the last five consecutive days with over 1" of rainfall each day.  Also, in the 14 hours between 6pm last night and 8am this morning I picked up 3.60" of rain.  I'm still waiting to see if my my creek is going to flood.  It hasn't yet, but should continue to rise throughout today and may overflow its banks by this evening.  I live safely along the Conodoguinet just above the flood plain.  Month-to-date rainfall total now stands at 6.43".

You got hammered, as did the guys down in Adams County. A lot of that rain this past week missed the city, we did get an inch or so Saturday night and it rained last night but wasn't hard until this morning. The heavier stuff split the city last night, kind of neat watching that on radar. 

32 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Thats incredible really, wow. 

22 minutes ago, canderson said:

You got hammered, as did the guys down in Adams County. A lot of that rain this past week missed the city, we did get an inch or so Saturday night and it rained last night but wasn't hard until this morning. The heavier stuff split the city last night, kind of neat watching that on radar. 

just when i thought we would get rocked, nothing. It literally was all around us almost every day. Saturday was a blast, i just stayed in the pool during the deluge, until the thunder started. 

On 7/6/2019 at 4:01 PM, Itstrainingtime said:

Word. I'm sick of this already.

When breathing makes you sweat........yeah, that's the stuff i hate. 

Was up at the cabin and still sweat my arse off.

and thank goodness it's raining.....its been almost a whole 12 hours since i last saw it.

sheesh.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Check out the MA thread - DC and environs got HAMMERED this morning with 6"+ rain. Tons of flooding, people having to be rescued on roads, etc. Bad stuff down there. 

wow.  not good.  I'm saving myself from the MA thread until time to stir up the pot...WINTER !!

just kiddin....(sorta).

• Like 1

Next week the flow at 500 looks like another big push of heat for latter half of the week is headed this way with pig ridge from central basin east, but IF we can survive it, wayouttherville looks like to get rather refreshing with a nice trough in the east and NW flow.  Just a verbatim extrapolation.

4 day pool party at Sauss's???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Next week the flow at 500 looks like another big push of heat for latter half of the week is headed this way with pig ridge from central basin east, but IF we can survive it, wayouttherville looks like to get rather refreshing with a nice trough in the east and NW flow.  Just a verbatim extrapolation.

Glad there is more heat, just in time for District and state Little league. I love standing at games when its 90 plus and the breeze feels like someone is holding a hair dryer on you. :drunk:

54 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah I saw some posts about heat building next week. Hopefully you're right about the future being a bit cooler though.

It's hot out today - I just walked back from the capitol and my I'm sweaty. It's about a 1/4 mile walk ... 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Yeah I saw some posts about heat building next week. Hopefully you're right about the future being a bit cooler though.

It's hot out today - I just walked back from the capitol and my I'm sweaty. It's about a 1/4 mile walk ... 

I'm thinking we could string about 4 or so days of 90s again next week.