• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

21 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just under 1" here, about the same duration. 

@daxx It looks like you took it on the chin...

It was an intense quick hitting storm.  Just over an inch here.  Typical summer weather so far this year.  No extreme heat yet.  Low 90s suck but it's been a lot worse in years past. 

3 hours ago, daxx said:

Any convection that fires today may produce a lot of rain.  Pwats are very high and storm motion looks weak.  

Just picked up .4" from a cell.

I was telling my wife on our walk this morning that this is the kind of day where some areas might not see much of anything today while a few spots might pick up a few inches.

Yuck :facepalm:

NWS State College
@NWSStateCollege
2h
Scattered thunderstorms with heavy downpours may produce isolated flooding Friday afternoon-evening. Despite some recent dryness, slow storm motions, cell mergers & copious deep-layer moisture support potential for torrential downpours & localized flooding. #PAwx pic.twitter.com/iWlfkf2uOd

Came in about 30 minutes ago from an hour weeding the side garden. 

I might as well have jumped in a swimming pool, you couldn’t have noticed any difference. 

Also I hate weeds and wish sometimes I didn’t care abut the earth and animals and just sprayed everything dead with around Up. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

3-5" in Gettysburg south down to MD line. 

Wow.

Radar has shown rain overhead here for 15 minutes but it’s not reaching the ground. (Edit: right after post8ngbit started to rain lightly fur a few minutes)

It always might be 15 degrees above the average minimum temp tonight. It’s gross.

So far for July KMDT has an average high and low of 90/71. I wish they kept daily dewpoint max records. It’s been about as soupy as possible. Only have had 0.34” of rain, but one day can change that. I think last year they had 4”+ one day due to storms not moving.

. Pro