• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Just stood in the sun for 15 minutes and I'm drenched with sweat. People who enjoy this are certifiable. And it's really not even that hot. 

Same could be said for bitter cold, snow, and wind chills. But I digress, I suppose that line of thinking is why I kind of fell out of the favor of a majority of this sub forum as I'm not a cold, winter person.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Same could be said for bitter cold, snow, and wind chills. But I digress, I suppose that line of thinking is why I kind of fell out of the favor of a majority of this sub forum as I'm not a cold, winter person.

You aren't out of favor! Enjoying something that others on this board (I'd guess 98 percent of posters here root for snow) doesn't make anything wrong.

I mean you're psycho for enjoying extreme heat lol but it's all good!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

You know, I was just thinking about this yesterday after a conversation here in the office. On my office floor there are about 35 people...I've talked to just about all of them (been here 22 years) and to the best of my knowledge, there are 33 people like you and 1 other like me. It's kind of interesting that in "real life" the vast majority of people love warm and hate cold, yet the vocal minority come to places like this. This board should probably be renamed "American Winter Weather" to be a more accurate snapshot of who resides here. (plus all the severe/tropical fans as well) 

@canderson is right...variety of opinions/personal choices make this well-rounded. 

21 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Cashtown_Coop is strutting. 

I had 49.9” and they rounded me up lol.   Been busy at the golf course.   Glad we had 0.70” the other night to keep things going.   When everyone complains about their yard missing a storm or yard burning out, think of me.    Running a golf course is a challenge in many ways but fall will be here soon 

40 minutes ago, canderson said:

You aren't out of favor! Enjoying something that others on this board (I'd guess 98 percent of posters here root for snow) doesn't make anything wrong.

I mean you're psycho for enjoying extreme heat lol but it's all good!

38 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You know, I was just thinking about this yesterday after a conversation here in the office. On my office floor there are about 35 people...I've talked to just about all of them (been here 22 years) and to the best of my knowledge, there are 33 people like you and 1 other like me. It's kind of interesting that in "real life" the vast majority of people love warm and hate cold, yet the vocal minority come to places like this. This board should probably be renamed "American Winter Weather" to be a more accurate snapshot of who resides here. (plus all the severe/tropical fans as well) 

@canderson is right...variety of opinions/personal choices make this well-rounded. 

Good to know. Thanks guys!

To be fair if I didn't have I driving career, I'd like the snow a little more, and since I've had my thyroid removed my already low tolerance for cold has become non existent.

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It makes sense why we post here x it’s hard to get a snowstorm. Even if we all have a huge winter it might snow, what, 40 days a year max? It’ll be 80+ for basically three months, so not much action to check there.

I like to track severe storms and know I’m in the minority there ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It makes sense why we post here x it’s hard to get a snowstorm. Even if we all have a huge winter it might snow, what, 40 days a year max? It’ll be 80+ for basically three months, so not much action to check there.

I like to track severe storms and know I’m in the minority there ...

I’m with you Canderson, I enjoy tracking severe weather as well as my love of cold and snowstorms.  Usually when there’s destabilization from daytime warming with threat of late day storms, my eyes stay on RadarScope.  With snow it’s more tracking the back and forth model swings rather than watching returns RIGHT now.....storms are more exciting in the moment where winter storms create days of fun and anticipation 

On 6/25/2019 at 7:42 PM, Bubbler86 said:

@Cashtown_Coop is strutting. 

Who got 135" of snow to the south west Wow!!

I went through Cashtown on the bike on Sunday.  Snow was still visible in the shaded areas.........:P

He lives in a rather beautiful area, and after going through it, i can see how his local can do well.  Especially at elevation.  

2 hours ago, Anduril said:

I should say that you are an even more terrible person because I bought a house and we're moving and packing and this sucks all hell in this heat lol

DAMNIT. I enjoyed the winter posts bitching about the apartment snow removal. 

The worst experience is moving into a University of Texas apartment when it’s 107 and the A/C isn’t on. 

15 hours ago, Anduril said:

You are a sick, sick person

15 hours ago, Anduril said:

I should say that you are an even more terrible person because I bought a house and we're moving and packing and this sucks all hell in this heat lol

oh man that would be awesome, sweating, beer drinking etc.................... I'd rather this then when we moved my cousin during a wind driven 10" snow storm

13 hours ago, canderson said:

DAMNIT. I enjoyed the winter posts bitching about the apartment snow removal. 

The worst experience is moving into a University of Texas apartment when it’s 107 and the A/C isn’t on. 

My daughters freshman year at Millersvile, move in day was in the 90's. All the parents were bitching and having to take breaks every couple minutes. I had her moved in in a jiff to the 3rd floor because nobody was clogging the stairwell :drunk: they were getting pissed off at me :lmao: having said that, i'm glad she is commuting for her masters

3 hours ago, daxx said:

I may hit 90 for the first time this year. Unless a storm pops up before that.  One good thing it's only 86 days,15 hours and 25 minutes and counting until the first day of fall.

I celebrated my last full day at OBX by telling people on the beach that the hours of daylight were starting to get shorter. :) 

For the record, I hit 91.8 yesterday. No idea what it is at home right now...wife says it's hot. 

47 minutes ago, canderson said:

Never. Ever. I don't do cults. Little brother has lots of issues. 

Yeah they have issues and they got dumped on us. It took 7 OT's to beat us, with along some shady SEC officiating. You would have thought they won the National Championship. I'm looking forward to Sept 7th @ 40 Acres

3180016.png

2 hours ago, irvingtwosmokes said:

Yeah they have issues and they got dumped on us. It took 7 OT's to beat us, with along some shady SEC officiating. You would have thought they won the National Championship. I'm looking forward to Sept 7th @ 40 Acres

3180016.png

One of my favorite graphics of all time. 

You a member at Surly, by chance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anduril said:

So is there a decent weather station set for under $150 (maybe even down to $100ish) since I now have a back yard to set it up in? :) also...again this weather sucks lol

I got this in Feb on Amazon for $120, but didn't get it up and running till the first week in April.

https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-WS-2902A-Station-Monitoring/dp/B01N5TEHLI/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8