• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I should clarify. The original part of my house is 100 years old and on a separate system. The air on that side for the 2nd floor has been on/off several times like you said. When i bought the family home, we gutted the original house and added a 40x40 addition. That new part of the house stays cool for a long time. Thats why i just turned it on. 

My comment was more about my personal heat-related issue than it was about you. :) Our home has a lot of windows and once the sun angle starts increasing it gets very warm inside, particularly upstairs. That, plus my "need" to have a cool home usually means my air is on once temps get past 60. I have my thermostat set at 67 year-round. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My comment was more about my personal heat-related issue than it was about you. :) Our home has a lot of windows and once the sun angle starts increasing it gets very warm inside, particularly upstairs. That, plus my "need" to have a cool home usually means my air is on once temps get past 60. I have my thermostat set at 67 year-round. 

Me too on the air though I keep mine at 73....my air has been on almost every day for the last several months.

On another subject, we received more rain last night, about 3/4", than the previous 3 weeks combined.  The flood watch finally paid off just a week late.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Me too on the air though I keep mine at 73....my air has been on almost every day for the last several months.

On another subject, we received more rain last night, about 3/4", than the previous 3 weeks combined.  The flood watch finally paid off just a week late.

Less than 1/2" here. Radar looked "good" last evening for significant rain but it slowly and steadily dried as the moisture moved east. 

Just now, canderson said:

Three guys here already have roped out all hvac equipment and installed the outdoor compressor. 

Wont finish until tomorrow am but they brought two window units. These things are too damn loud and just continuously cycle. How do people live with them?

As a kid I loved those things! I've always been a light sleeper and my window AC helped me sleep through many a nighttime thunderstorm growing up. 

Its not 4th of July if it is anything other than hot and humid!    PS, after the flood watch debacle from last week I am taking any and all warnings and watches, from CTP, with a grain of salt.

Just wait till you hit the jackpot on a isolated 20% day and end up with 3” of rain and flash flooding

. Pro

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its not 4th of July if it is anything other than hot and humid!    PS, after the flood watch debacle from last week I am taking any and all warnings and watches, from CTP, with a grain of salt.

That sounds like what we do with their watches, warnings & advisories in the winter...

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Just wait till you hit the jackpot on a isolated 20% day and end up with 3” of rain and flash flooding

. Pro

I cannot remember the last time I was in an area with several different Flash Flood Watches where it was not at least cloudy most of the time.  I understand the one big bust like we see a lot in the winter but this was a whole week of busts that they just kept doubling down on.  I do understand that people to my north did get some rain but for the most part the Watch for the LSV was one 4-5 day stretch of bad forecast after bad forecast and the GFS/FV3 saw it coming and they still kept throwing the watches out there.  LOL.  

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

As a kid I loved those things! I've always been a light sleeper and my window AC helped me sleep through many a nighttime thunderstorm growing up. 

Window units are great when you live in the city and have to go to bed at 6pm for the next day's work. Drowns out screaming kids, and drunk neighbors quite nicely.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I always sleep better in motels that have the old fashioned large units sitting under a window.  Free white noise.

if you are paying for a motel......

it's not FREE pal...:P

Just pokin at ya, but i agree.  Never did the white noise thing till a couple guys started putting fans on at cabin, no matter the season.  I sleep like a kittin because of it.

16 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

That sounds like what we do with their watches, warnings & advisories in the winter...

the difference to me is that in the winter CTP is LAST to hoist em.....

in the summer, they get trigger happy.  JMO

and in the end, we often end up the same.....empty handed. ;)

46 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

if my company is you are paying for a motel......

it's not FREE pal...:P

Just pokin at ya, but i agree.  Never did the white noise thing till a couple guys started putting fans on at cabin, no matter the season.  I sleep like a kittin because of it.

Fixed that up for ya :-)

• Haha 1

I have cold air pouring through vents! When it was turned on it was 82 in the house downstairs, after running a bit and right before I left to come up to the office it was down to 79.

It's set to get to 68 and hold today. Cause tonight my house will feel like it's February because, well, I can. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

I have cold air pouring through vents! When it was turned on it was 82 in the house downstairs, after running a bit and right before I left to come up to the office it was down to 79.

It's set to get to 68 and hold today. Cause tonight my house will feel like it's February because, well, I can. :)

Eh...that's still a little warmer than I like to keep it. :)