• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

Power is out here on this part of OBX as one of the worst storms I've experienced just plowed through here. Adirondack style chairs (not the genuine, heavy ones but still) were flying off of house decks and landing in yards across our street. Everything that was on our pool deck is in the pool including a large rubber mat that somehow was lifted off the deck and dropped in. I'm probably not the best at guessing wind speeds but I'm pretty certain we had hurricane force gusts. This storm would have leveled a lot of trees on Front Street in the 'Burg...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@daxx you would have been giddy to experience the storm that rolled through down here. Zero visibility between the rain and wind and then throw the CTG lighting over the ocean...

Yea... I'm jealous!  Did you get any video?   Every storm has missed my area.  I only picked up 0.35 over the last couple days.

1 hour ago, daxx said:

Yea... I'm jealous!  Did you get any video?   Every storm has missed my area.  I only picked up 0.35 over the last couple days.

No video...storm came in crazy fast...saw on NWS Morehead City's page that it was moving 60 mph. I'm honestly not sure I've ever been in stronger winds. Storm was warned for 70 mph but it "seemed" stronger. Let me tell you, it's quite a site to see deck furniture flying through the air off of 3rd floor decks. Power came back after being out for 4 hours but it is pouring again and there is high water everywhere. It was a severe weather nut's dream evening here on OBX. I wasn't all that thrilled. :)

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

It poured over here in Enola but not for very long

i can't believe we will make the week without canceling one night of the carnival. With what they had been calling for i thought we were screwed. 

7 hours ago, canderson said:

It’s raining lightly again but I did hear thunder so there’s that. It’s hot as f in my house, I’m ready for tmrw night.

yeah, i heard that too, got a lil excited. 

12 hours ago, canderson said:

It’s not going to happen imo. Not nearly enough CAPE and it’s already losing humidity out. 

i thought the humidity was horrible all night, then again maybe that was the heat off the Pizza ovens :pimp:

This weekend appears like it will be outstanding. Sun, low 80s and dropping into the 60s at night. And the F-ing Humidity seems to go by by

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

i can't believe we will make the week without canceling one night of the carnival. With what they had been calling for i thought we were screwed. 

yeah, i heard that too, got a lil excited. 

i thought the humidity was horrible all night, then again maybe that was the heat off the Pizza ovens :pimp:

This weekend appears like it will be outstanding. Sun, low 80s and dropping into the 60s at night. And the F-ing Humidity seems to go by by

take out the humidity and i'm ok w/ the normal heat.  Swampy sack just sucks.  

Here's to shorter days (and mostly what it means for us winter folk).

TGIF.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My air has been on (and off a few times) since March...

I should clarify. The original part of my house is 100 years old and on a separate system. The air on that side for the 2nd floor has been on/off several times like you said. When i bought the family home, we gutted the original house and added a 40x40 addition. That new part of the house stays cool for a long time. Thats why i just turned it on.