• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

37 minutes ago, Anduril said:

So...Im not imagining things but it was supposed to storm today, right?

Multiple NWS offices have botched the past two days. Tomorrow looks decent too - Thursday is out best shot at storms I think.

Then we lose the horrible humidity for the weekend, yay!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, canderson said:

Multiple NWS offices have botched the past two days. Tomorrow looks decent too - Thursday is out best shot at storms I think.

Then we lose the horrible humidity for the weekend, yay!

Damn I'll take it I was honestly worried I wouldnt get the yard mowed with how much rain we were expecting but...shit yea I'll take the respite to mow!

19 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Damn I'll take it I was honestly worried I wouldnt get the yard mowed with how much rain we were expecting but...shit yea I'll take the respite to mow!

I’m going to the Death Cab For Cutie show tomorrow in Riverfront Park, I’d rather not wear my North Face rain jacket. 

10 hours ago, Anduril said:

So...Im not imagining things but it was supposed to storm today, right?

At least they finally dropped the Flood Watch.  Funny how many are so keyed in on winter failures and WSW's that produce no snow but during our 48-60 hour flood watch we (at my locale) received a few traces of rain and a lot of sun.  

40's this weekend in Northern PA (again!)

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

At least they finally dropped the Flood Watch.  Funny how many are so keyed in on winter failures and WSW's that produce no snow but during our 48-60 hour flood watch we (at my locale) received a few traces of rain and a lot of sun.  

Was just thinking along the same lines.  At least we fail consistently round these parts....and not just in our precious winter months.

6 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Flash Flood watch is back :)

It hammered down rain here for about 10 minutes tonight other than that a great long deration lighting event looking north ,east and south from my garden. Convection and cloud cover are waning fast in the OH and TN valley this morning. Should be FN BOOM TOWN today. Jubilee day and strong convection are almost synonymous . Anyways if anyone wants to punch me in my face I will be at Jubilee day today if the weather allows . Look for the guy with orange curly hair ,big red nose , size 26 shoe with has arms around your wife.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Tonight a deep red cell went overheard but it didn’t even rain. How is that possible? 

i said the same to my wife. Just like the other night i was watching a cell on radar move from West To East coming right at us, then just like disappeared. Can something be wrong with the radar?

@NWSStateCollege
2h
Much of CPA has been wet over the last 7-days with precipitation 150-300% of normal. Above normal streamflow & saturated ground combined with additional rounds of heavy rain will maintain a heightened flash flood risk through late tonight. #PAwx pic.twitter.com/vsBGSuoktj

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

After today KMDT will be once again above average for the month on precipitation. Which means that October 2018, was the last month that was below normal. And we’ve had something like only 2 below normal month in the last 2 years

. Pro

That's wild.

Speaking of wild, these two rainstorms we've had today are tropical-like. Just sheets of rain.