• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I didn't here in western Lancaster county...

Maybe our Cumberland county friends did?

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

I didn't but a few friends around did - going out toward the Gap it was more noticeable apparently. 

No, i didn't either. Which is shocking as people all around me said they did, however i think they're full of shit. :lol:

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The waters temp at Ocean City, NJ is 65 and OC, MD 67 right now.  About 3 degrees below normal for both. 

That's interesting...we're heading for OBX on Saturday but in the past, this was our week to go to Rehoboth Beach. I've been doing it for a LOT of years, and I've found that the ocean is usually between 63-67 in mid-June. Obviously it varies year to year,  but the numbers you have above seem right in line to me based off my memory. 

Maybe that's the problem...my memory. 

You getting any boomers out there? 

This will all change after today for both precipitation and temperature, but through yesterday (6/12) KMDT average high in June thus far was 78.8 (78.3), low 59.2 (59.5), average 69.0 (68.9), and precipitation 1.32 (1.43).

So to date June definitely has reversed some patterns that had been quite entrenched it seemed. Namely high temperature minimums and high Precipitation. After today KMDT will probably end up with close to 1.0” putting them around 2.3” and about 65% of normal monthly June rainfall of 3.6” with 16 days to go.

. Pro

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's interesting...we're heading for OBX on Saturday but in the past, this was our week to go to Rehoboth Beach. I've been doing it for a LOT of years, and I've found that the ocean is usually between 63-67 in mid-June. Obviously it varies year to year,  but the numbers you have above seem right in line to me based off my memory. 

Maybe that's the problem...my memory. 

You getting any boomers out there? 

I took the averages off the seatemperature.org site but they do show them as a whole month vs. daily so it could certainly be different late June vs. mid June.

We got some rumbles back here but not a lot of storms.  Rain was very beneficial.  Grass was dying.

26 minutes ago, Voyager said:

After a windy day today, and a nice day tomorrow, it looks like rain and showers starting Sunday and continuing for the rest of next week. Are we EVER going to get a long term dry spell?

I'm so sick of endless cloudy days and showers...

I have seen you guys posting about rain the last few months and it is so dry over here.  I would almost say were were starting to get a mini drought before yesterdays rain.  Unofficially, because I use a yard rain gauge, we have not even broken 1" this month.  Needed yesterdays rain just to keep our grass going.  It looked freshly mowed 5 days after doing it.    A fairly incredible 51 degrees right now. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

We are stuck between two zones it appears. Had showers overnight though. 

The GFS (formerly the FV3 I guess at this point?  Have not been following if it is really on yet) really does not have that much rain until late week.   I guess some areas NE of Harrisburg get decent amounts but the LSV and S/W looks like about 1" total before Friday.