• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

I’m in Bellwood right now so i probably won’t have to go anywhere to see what happens with the hook echo on the cell bearing down. 

4C4F6EE9-3689-4934-BFE2-018503AE21C9.thumb.png.d038ee5ffda386c63639d3d74dd1532b.png

EDIT: I forgot to hit send on this. Ended up going a couple miles south on a hill to get below the hook and have a look. There was definitely rotation but no funnel that I could see. 

About 20 minutes ago radar showed 5 tornado warnings in effect...4 up north between IPT and AVP and one down south between LAN and RDG.  There's a parade of thunderstorms marching east from north of PIT right now that looks like it could hit the lower susq region in a few hours.

Here was a screenshot picture off one of the videos I took this afternoon. Looking north toward the hook and the meso crossing over the mountain. I made a good intercept considering I rarely get a chance to do such things around the immediate area. This one wasn’t strong enough to drop a funnel but as I said earlier it did have rotation. 

4DF6F9CB-EA77-494B-961B-F62B3F6FD836.thumb.png.2a495e61b41d55c1d352bfe47d7186b4.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Another day or two of severe and flooding potential.

Then it really cools off.

I'm liking part 2 of your statement.  First part....natsomuch. 

Mostly dodged here in Ephrata, but all around us got into it.

Re batten down da hatches gang.  2 more days....boo.  I hate the destruction.  I'm a weather geek like the rest of yas, but its why i cant like this stuff and root for it to happen.  Too much pain/loss/cost for too many.  My snow just pisses many off....I'm cool w/ dat.

Stay safe all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Re batten down da hatches gang.  2 more days....boo.  I hate the destruction.  I'm a weather geek like the rest of yas, but its why i cant like this stuff and root for it to happen.  Too much pain/loss/cost for too many.  My snow just pisses many off....I'm cool w/ dat.

Stay safe all.

I understand peoples interest in severe weather. Thats why i got into weather in the first place ( being a fireman and all) But once the destruction hits you personally or you witness it up close and see how it really affects people you won't cheer it on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Stay safe all.

Couldn't said it better myself...

Eh...we got 3 weeks to go to the solstice and the march downward towards winter begins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I understand peoples interest in severe weather. Thats why i got into weather in the first place ( being a fireman and all) But once the destruction hits you personally or you witness it up close and see how it really affects people you won't cheer it on. 

Dont think my fascination isnt there.  It sure is, but the fury is a sobering thing. Your last statement is so true bud.  We had straight line wind come through 2 years ago and i helped a family friend whose developement was raked by it.  We cut 7 LARGE trees that came down and seeing the destruction in that neighborhood and watching families try to rebuild their lives is just not easy to see.  Some homes became inhabitable because of insurance not helping etc......  Only good was seeing the community come together and when three young ladies/girls came around with baskets of food to feed us responding to aid....well it just chokes you up.  Sorry to derail the thread.  Back to the chase.  

• Like 1

Hail all around us last night, we was fortunate no hail here. It ended up being about 2 miles north of us.

Picked up only 0.30" rain overnight...which wasn't bad. Earlier yesterday we picked up .55" with the one storm that came through.

It didn't look to bad on radar but the skies opened up for about 10-15 minutes.

Everyone be safe!!

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Currently we are in Vancouver and leave in an hour so to fly back home  Landing at BWI at 10:50 - hopefully late enough to not fave delay issues  

Flying this spring has been a real pain with all the storms  

oh boy, hope you don't have issues.

Safe travels