• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

On 5/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, canderson said:

We picked a god awful day to visit Ellis Island. It’s one of the most raw days I remember this year. 

This is how I felt about Camden Yards. I froze my legitimate nuts off yesterday. Nanny isn't gonna be happy when she unzips later and I'm a eunich. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

I see nothing but 70’s & 80’s for everyday in the extended forecast. Here’s to summer beginning until we eventually get that 4 day period in June with a cut-off low and east wind.

. Pro

That usually happens on the 4th of July weekend...

So far for May (through 5/14) for KMDT the average high has been 67.6 (69.9), 2.3 below normal. The average low has been 54.9 (49.2), 5.7 above normal. The mean temperature has been 61.3 (59.5),1.8 above normal. 3.93” (1.69”) of rain has been recorded, 2.24” above normal. In fact the normal precipitation for May is 3.79”, so we are 0.14” above that with half the month to go.
(All normals are through 5/14)

. Pro

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

Next week looks to be quite insane in the nation. Georgia bakes like Phoenix and it snows and snows out west.

. Pro

And Monday's forecast high for Phoenix is only in the upper 70's which is nearly unheard of in May...

14 hours ago, canderson said:

We leave for Alaska Saturday. A few days in Vancouver first. Looks like I get out of town before serious heat hits. 

Aww man...so envious of you! We spent 10 days there back in 2013. (my parents used to live there) What a stunning place. Get ready to spend serious coin on food though. We visited during the era of Subway's famous "$5 foot long" promotion. Well...in Alaska that $5 foot long was running about $12. We really had no intention of eating at Subway in Alaska, but after our first night dinner priorities changed. We ate at a traditional salmon bake and for the 8 of us the tab was over $400. That was with 4 kids and NO alcohol consumed by anyone in our party. 

It was also much warmer than what I was prepared for...several days of temps in the low 80s. Very few places have AC because it's seldom needed. We had a couple of uncomfortably warm nights for sleeping. 

We arrived in Anchorage and my first impression was "meh" - Anchorage is a large city of over 250,000 people and it didn't feel that much different than around here. We rented a car, got about oh, 2 miles outside the city on one of the very few highways in Alaska and my wife was like "um..there's a moose in our lane ahead." Suddenly we realized we weren't in the LSV of PA any longer. :) We probably didn't go a mile farther and a black bear came lumbering across the road...

Enjoy your 18 hours of daylight! Anchorage currently has a sunrise of 5:00am and sunset is quickly approaching 11:00pm. It takes a bit of getting used to it getting dark after midnight...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I have a tingling sense of a very dry summer. We'll see. 

Looks that way. Last few years at this time the forecast going up to the end of May was basically March. That doesn't seem to be going down this time. Whatever pattern we have had locked in for the last 25 months seems to have died. 

4 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Looks that way. Last few years at this time the forecast going up to the end of May was basically March. That doesn't seem to be going down this time. Whatever pattern we have had locked in for the last 25 months seems to have died. 

The next 10 days look dry and quite toasty.