• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring/Summer 2019

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

So you are saying it is a Shady Maple day?  :-).  Sunday still looks horrible....unfortunately. 

Ha! A lot of people swear by dinner at Shady Maple, but I have to tell you that there's something even better...

Breakfast at Shady Maple. :) I seldom go for dinner any longer...the quality and value of their breakfast is off the charts good. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ha! A lot of people swear by dinner at Shady Maple, but I have to tell you that there's something even better...

Breakfast at Shady Maple. :) I seldom go for dinner any longer...the quality and value of their breakfast is off the charts good. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

So you are saying it is a Shady Maple day?  :-).  Sunday still looks horrible....unfortunately. 

i heard they didn't have good reviews on inspections?? 

If i ate breakfast there, i'd have to stop 4 times on the way home :lmao:

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

i heard they didn't have good reviews on inspections?? 

If i ate breakfast there, i'd have to stop 4 times on the way home :lmao:

Maybe true...they post restaurant inspections in the Lancaster Sunday paper which I read on a regular basis. I don't remember the last one for Shady Maple though. 

I have a personal story regarding driving home from dinner there years ago which I probably shouldn't share in this forum. :) 

• Haha 1

Some serious heat looks like it wants to set up for the second half of May. And maybe even longer. 

This Sunday, Monday, Tuesday look absolutely wretched out. We basically stay between 45-55 for 36 hours with rain and showers Sunday & Monday and overcast Tuesday.

Looks like we won’t touch 70 again until next Friday

. Pro

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2 torrential downpours today netted .65" in the gauge. On to Sunday...

I got 0.07" from some light rain early this morning, then nothing after that. From about 1:00pm on it was a rather nice day here.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, Itstrainingtime said:

43 days until the hours of daylight gets shorter. :)

Now there's a man who thinks like I do!

The longer range sounds like it is going to pan out like Larry Cosgrove discussed in his recent newsletter.  He said first half of May normal to below with several cold air intrusions, second half much above temps.  Then he says summer will turn much drier but will remain hot and humid as we get stuck under the influence of massive SE ridge.  So far, my A/C's been running just fine and will keep on running I guess until September.

34 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Now there's a man who thinks like I do!

The longer range sounds like it is going to pan out like Larry Cosgrove discussed in his recent newsletter.  He said first half of May normal to below with several cold air intrusions, second half much above temps.  Then he says summer will turn much drier but will remain hot and humid as we get stuck under the influence of massive SE ridge.  So far, my A/C's been running just fine and will keep on running I guess until September.

We're long overdue for a hot, dry summer. 

On 5/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, Itstrainingtime said:

Maybe true...they post restaurant inspections in the Lancaster Sunday paper which I read on a regular basis. I don't remember the last one for Shady Maple though. 

I have a personal story regarding driving home from dinner there years ago which I probably shouldn't share in this forum. :) 

They have a history of not being a clean spot.  Bird in Hand restaurant and buffet is far, far better.

• Like 1