• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 8-9 Winter Storm

MNstorms

The models generally had my area as the most likely to receive snow zone as recently as two days ago.  I thought that was a lock since I'm out of state for this storm.  But in fact we have a Superior special here after all.  DLH painting some 6"+ amounts and saying in their enjoyable AFD that there's not as much working against this as one as one would think this time of year.  Hope some weenie up there is enjoying it.

1 hour ago, UMB WX said:

Good ole Wisconsin winter finally put to bed.  5 more months and we'll be searching the models for that first frost and signs of what Ole Man Winter has in store.

5 months from now it will be October. Everything in your post will be happening well before then. Lol

1 hour ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Coworker lives 50 miles north of the twin cities and said he had about 3” on his car this morning. Flakes mixed imby but nothing accumulated. 

Duluth got walloped, smashing all time May snowfall records. 

6679915D-8246-4D99-9A09-CE3C63B53918.png

Impressive stuff.

Snowed and sleeted heavy last night but by morning had changed over to all rain.  A lull this afternoon, now fog and some light snow has moved back in.  Total liquid for this storm so far is 1.78", with some of that a couple inches of wet snow.  Total snow for May is now just over 10". 

Still waiting on spring to hatch, six weeks away from the Summer solstice.

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Still waiting on spring to hatch, six weeks away from the Summer solstice.

I am sorry but this statement makes me cringe. Glad that you do like it though. Just goes to show that there is a place for everyone. Enjoy your May snow!

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, bowtie` said:

I am sorry but this statement makes me cringe. Glad that you do like it though.  Just goes to show that there is a place for everyone. Enjoy your May snow!

No worries.  It all averages out.  In three weeks it'll look here, just like it does there. A 300" winter more than makes up for the extra month or so of old man winter taking swipes.  I don't sit in the house waiting for an ideal temp to enjoy being outside, so I don't feel all cooped up or cabin feverish at the end of winter or ever.  And in the spring, I enjoy being busy outside with temps in the 40's and 50's... it's comfortable.

I spent most of my life living in the middle of a cornfield in Indiana.  This IS an improvement!

• Like 3