• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-Atlantic summer hottest temperature contest

PrinceFrederickWx

Forecast the hottest temperature that will be recorded at the four airports (BWI, DCA, IAD, RIC) at any time between the start of met summer (June 1) and the end of astronomical summer (September 23). For the tiebreaker, choose only one of the following three locations: Charlottesville (CHO), Salisbury (SBY), or Hagerstown (HGR).

As of right now, this will be a one-time contest, but if it goes over well I may make this an annual summer event. Thanks to @Roger Smith for the idea! Winner will be the person with the lowest absolute value departure and will be announced on September 24 (or sometime around then). Good luck! :sun::sizzle:

I'll start this off with mine:

BWI: 102
DCA: 100
IAD: 99
RIC: 101

Tiebreaker HGR: 98

12 hours ago, Roger Smith said:

Ah good to see this is happening.

I foresee a very hot summer developing and perhaps some near-record temperatures. Will say

BWI 108

DCA 107

IAD 106

RIC 109

HGR 105

Good luck with that. :D All I can say is if by chance we do see those numbers then I am moving the hell out of here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just for interest, these are the all-time record highs at the four main airport locations (or nearby for older records):

BWI _ 107 on July 10, 1936

DCA _ 106 on July 20, 1930 and Aug 6, 1918

IAD _ 105 on July 22, 2011 (shorter period of record does not overlap the dates above)

RIC _ 107 on Aug 6, 1918

(Interesting that Toronto has the same dates for its July and August records, 105 on 8th to 10th July 1936 and 102 on 7th of Aug 1918 ... the records shown above were almost matched on August 7, 1918). 

(and yes I think my forecast of very hot summer temperatures will extend as far north as NYC including PA -- I will edit my numbers down by 1 deg after seeing these stats).

18 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Thought I would be the first to get my snowfall predictions up for this summer. Call me a Nostradamus if you like but I do feel this will be a very tight competition between the contest participants.

BWI: 0"
DCA: 0"
IAD: 0"
RIC: 0"

Tiebreaker HGR: 0"

23 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Thought I would be the first to get my snowfall predictions up for this summer. Call me a Nostradamus if you like but I do feel this will be a very tight competition between the contest participants.

BWI: 0"
DCA: 0"
IAD: 0"
RIC: 0"

Tiebreaker HGR: 0"

So, same as last winter. Got it..

• 2 weeks later...