• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe storms and flash flooding for May 7-13

2 minutes ago, J_Prothro said:

Somewhere around Rocky. Found other pics in a Facebook post but it's a hard one to embed. 

Take a screenshot and upload it here.  That's really the only way.

10 minutes ago, wotan said:

TOR issued for Franklin, TX, which was hit hard a few weeks ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sheriff reported a tornado with some debris with that storm about 30 minutes ago but seems to have occluded shortly thereafter. 

• Like 1

Sheriff reported a tornado with some debris with that storm about 30 minutes ago but seems to have occluded shortly thereafter. 
It's kind of straddling the HGX/FWD CWAs. The warning is being duplicated by both.

Confirmed tornado now with that College station cell. Storm mode is obviously messy today but HRRR advertised 0-1 km SRH that was more than supportive of embedded rotation and even has a few more discrete cells later. 

2 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Isn't this the 2nd tornado in a couple of weeks near Texas A&M ?

2UAVLot.png

Yes, actually. They had that weird one that popped up out of something not much bigger than a rain shower.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mob1 said:

Strong embedded rotation with this storm but we all know the real reason I'm posting it is because of the town's cool name. 

Screenshot_2019-05-08-16-00-39.jpg

Well SW of there, near Madisonville, is the town of North Zulch.  It sounds like it came straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, aggiegeog said:

Man this afternoon was intense in E TX. The most widespread damage seems to be in Longview. Area wide though many roads and schools are closed.

Yeah, the storms were pretty blah right up until around 2 pm as they approached the 259 corridor in NE TX then all of the sudden there were QLCS spin-ups everywhere. I was on my way back to the office and watched it spin up hard from the north loop in town. If there was a tornado in there at least it was fairly weak, it was rain wrapped so I couldn't see anything else. Mostly tree damage although the steeple off of a church in town was blown over... And a Sonic sign was damaged. 

I'm currently in Katy, Texas, where it's been sticky-hot for a couple of hours - no thermometer here, unfortunately - as activity initiated mostly further east.  But in the last few scans there is some activity starting to pop up around Houston and points south.  EMS here is preparing for intense heavy rain and flooding, with Harvey's floods still very fresh in their minds.

I'm currently in Katy, Texas, where it's been sticky-hot for a couple of hours - no thermometer here, unfortunately - as activity initiated mostly further east.  But in the last few scans there is some activity starting to pop up around Houston and points south.  EMS here is preparing for intense heavy rain and flooding, with Harvey's floods still very fresh in their minds.

I'm in Katy as well. Coming home just now on Westpark near 6 I had 5 or 6 drops on my windshield. And this is basically what my truck thought it was all the way home from the medical center.

acbccf419fd2a3858ff3493459f916e7.jpg