Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2019

George BM

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, son texted this am, right at 10 inches in the yard, he said between 12-18 fell at tops of peaks in the area. I told him A-basin should make a run for a July 4th closing lol!

EDIT- (found this out while there last week)

For those that do ski/snowboard some major changes are announced/happening in the Breckenridge area. Breck itself has pledged to stay open as long as possible, with closing dates now being Monday, Memorial Day EACH YEAR. Keystone, which invested heavy in new snowmaking gear, has pledged to give A-Basin a run for earliest opening. So there should be skiing/boarding available at several resorts in the area from mid October thru end of May each year, with the outliner A-Basin staying open as long as possible into June usually.

• Like 1

I had a free Friday evening and went up to Aberdeen to watch the 4A MD state championship game between Sherwood HS and Old Mill HS. It was an exciting game and good to see that there is still some good baseball being played in the Baltimore area. Old Mill came back to tie with two runs in the bottom of the seventh to send the game to extra innings, and eventually won 4-3 in 9.  I wish I could go back today and watch at least one of the three remaining championship games.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just finished up a great trip to Olympic National Park. The scene reminded me of the visibility I got on my chase to Watertown. This is at one of the major overlook points. 

I had a trip to Boulder a couple years ago where I never saw the mountains.  Horrible upslope flow and low clouds/fog all week.

Had a great few nights trip to Garrett Co.  Pretty much stuck with hiking/walking in the state parks and forests.  Really nice territory.  Swallow Falls is a gem.

13 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Terrific evening outside. Ate some crabs and got the fire pit going now.  Drinking flying dog raging bitch alternating with Yuengling and someone brought Guinness stout so I had 1 lol.  @nw baltimore wx I'm ready for that new England Lager of yours ....and some pool:D

Plan on taking the grand national out tomorrow and do some blasts in my typical secret backroad spots lol.

Anytime you're in the area, let me know. You're welcome anytime.

All the taps are still running but the NE and the sour are really low. Need to brew again!

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2019 at 5:25 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

@Scraff

Just finished up at DuClaw tasting here in the Ville and bought a 6 of No Way Gose

Hell yeah! I love that beer. Wish I had more of it to sell. We only had so many tequila barrels available for that one. At least I still have 7 cans in the fridge. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I had (what I thought) was a really awful sour a few years ago (reminded me of that taste in the back of your throat once you throw up) and I haven't been able to drink one since.

Sours can be an acquired taste. Especially the Belgian sours. They are legit. I brewed my first sour recently and it was a hit at our recent party. It just kicked today and coincidentally we are brewing it again now. It’s a Blackberry kettle sour so you brew it in parts. Today is mashing and then adding the Lactobacillus to the kettle for 48 hours. Wednesday I’ll add the hops, boil, and start the fermentation.

Kettle sours are a good gateway to the Belgian’s.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

So that's why Kuznetsov wants to fly after his goals... supposedly a video is out of two lines of cocaine and him in it right next to the lines

might be guilt by association.  you'd think he'd walk out of the room at that point which makes me question things, but everyone has a different reaction to being exposed to that stuff.  i could certainly see him being around it, but not doing it and i could also see him saying it's not coke to cover up his friends.  gotta choose your crew wisely.

edit: just saw the vid. yea, can't cover up that one lol, but no proof that he did it.  i would think no discipline comes out of it, but it's not a good look.

4 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Weather has just been bad during this part of the trip, though it’s been fun for me. A lot of great landscapes out here.

mNKo8Ti.jpg

This one spot for some reason had the look of punching through the eye of a cane and had me pumped for hurricane (chasing) season.

sZJzCP4.jpg

Great Basin—where I drove through SN+ to get to late last night.

pGOV8Xf.jpg

Was there on 13th and 14th, you're running two weeks behind me lol. Did you try to get to the top? Road was closed above 9000 foot when I was there. Did you do the cave tour?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tplbge said:

I hope the local area tv mets got our back like this guy.  He was responding to people complaining on social media that they didn't put the Bachelorette back on.   His broadcast probably saved a few lives.

Barstool shared this on IG...good for the guy.  People are idiots.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic