Most Online
    wagsphoto
    Newest Member
    wagsphoto

May Discobs 2019

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Says that doesn't exist anymore

Fixed

Got 1.4 yesterday, total for May of 2.0.  I just planted a bunch of flowers and it was MUD!  I hope they live but I don't want to wait for some unicorn dry period.  This is the last 365 days -- isn't our normal rainfall about 40-45 inches per year?  ENOUGH!!!

image.png.bd53eab4b202abb3521733791ac2fecb.png

• Like 2

Just took a peek at models for the weekend and looks like the Euro, Ukmet, Cmc all have a sizable system coming at us from the south Sun-Mon....something to monitor.  Not much else going on.  

So far got 2.60" from this weekend's rain . I got a semi clog in my VP2 so my reading has slowly increased and it might not be done but its close I'm sure .

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Beautiful out there. 68, sunny, low humidity. Order me up another 100 just like this.

Co-sign 

• Like 1

Coupla days ago, strong Texas thunderstorm moved thru Buda. Red radar signature. Gusty winds to 40 mph. Absolute whiteout and very very dangerous lightning! Got 6 inches in  three hours. The storm slowed down over us and dumped and dumped. The entire back yard was a lake, lol.

• Like 2

@psuhoffman funny right 

Old post from Judah,  but things are still progressing. The AO and the NAO are really tanked and forecasted to stay that way. Have not seen values like this for a LONG time. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, yoda said:

@mappy and everyone else... did you know this existed?  Credit to @HighTechEE for posting about it... seems pretty cool playing around with it

Seems very cool.  Thanks for sharing!

Temps are nice, but the cloud cover is a bit depressing. Seems a lot of cloudy days the last month. 

Was going to plant on the garden,  but will wait yet another day. Very wet soil still despite the warmth of yesterday. 

Wow,  SOI back down 

SOI Dashboard

Latest Southern Oscillation Index values

SOI values for 8 May, 2019
Average SOI for last 30 days -5.75
Average SOI for last 90 days -7.69
Daily contribution to SOI calculation -14.92
Monthly average SOI values
Feb -14.62
Mar -6.48
Apr -2.43

Note: The SOI values are expressed as an index (i.e. no units) and are derived from the 1887–1989 base period. This information is updated daily. The new data are typically available by 7:00pm (AEST).

Recent (preliminary) Southern Oscillation Index values

30 day Av. SOI red_icon.png

90 day Av. SOI yellow_icon.png
Daily contribution green_icon.png
Date Tahiti (hPa) Darwin (hPa) Daily Contribution 30 day Av. SOI 90 day Av. SOI
8 May 2019 1010.13 1010.55 -14.92 -5.75 -7.69
7 May 2019 1010.34 1010.60 -13.69 -4.44 -7.61
6 May 2019 1011.67 1010.80 -5.04 -3.60 -7.44
5 May 2019 1012.81 1011.25 0.25 -2.97 -7.38

Euro painting a wet weekend.  A fairly uniform 1.75"- 3.00" across much of the forum . And that's not counting meso banding.  A pretty steep temp gradiant as well on Sunday afternoon. 

Screenshot_20190508-144443_Chrome_crop_540x685.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro painting a wet weekend.  A fairly uniform 1.75"- 3.00" across much of the forum . And that's not counting meso banding.  A pretty steep temp gradiant as well on Sunday afternoon. 

Actually the first May in a long, long time where crops and ag have too much wettness possibly.

I have seem incredible wet June periods and recent years with very wet July and August months, but this year we are starting early. Will be mosquitto and mold city out there. Ugh.   

Not sure the scope,  but as JB mentions the SW Pac SST profile has changed 

I left Easton it was 73 and cloudy. At home and its 64 with some showers. Guess I won't be finishing the mowing this evening.

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I left Easton it was 73 and cloudy. At home and its 64 with some showers. Guess I won't be finishing the mowing this evening.

Did you get your mosquitto spraying done ? 

15 minutes ago, frd said:

Did you get your mosquitto spraying done ? 

I did larvicide, but so far not been bad enough to spray adults. Some are out, but manageable. Probably will have to in the next week, but need a few dry days to make it worth doing.

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Blah, clouds and showers for the next 4-5 days.  

Saturday night into Sunday night looks nice... for some heavy rain 

• Haha 1

Showers developing right along the MD and DE lines South and North of the Canal near Middletown. 

Meanwhile latest WPC went higher with QFP

p168i.gif?1557402147

and this just nuts ! 

ao.sprd2.gif

Does anyone know if Mount Holly weather service web site is down ? I can not access either on my laptop or my Droid.  Very slow this AM and now nothing. 

I should add that at times it works but other times I get a time out on my browser. Now seconds ago, it seems back up, strange.