Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm moving to the Denver area late summer/early fall. I can't wait for record heat out there this coming winter just to spite me

My daughter attends the Universtiy of Denver,  in here first year towards here Masters Degree. I am jealous,  all she sends me are pics of snow and more snow, the blizzard video with 70 mph was surreal.  What a winter out there and just NE of Denver are some amazing snow totals.  Was really a Denver to Upper Midwest Winter.  

I believe the snow was to a degree a surpise. I checked her zone forecast yesterday morning and the low was 36 degrees, no mention of snow. ha ha , just crazy times in Denver. 

Keep an eye out for Bay temps in the Chessie, with a look like this Bay temps will be rising fast.  Wonder how the crab season will be based on eventual rising temps? ( as in maybe too warm ? )   I know too much rain is not good.  

I thought I heard from a couple guys that crab for a living it looks decent so far. 

4FA00FAC-C5C2-4924-B3DA-59F4BF06C1DB.thumb.png.e54b9ce2ded51e62b1b4ecbe58aeb826.png

36 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Wow, what a perfect day in store.  Can't wait to sit out on the patio tonight!  

I guess its just me but there's no way in hell I'd want snow in late May...give me sun and warmth this time of year.  

I'd sure as heck take it over the crap we had the last 3 days. 

Today, however, is near perfect.  Too bad it's not the weekend.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Brother reported about 6" east of Denver.

8NjUvvJ.jpg

View looking down at his backyard.  Lucky bastard.

Yeah, son texted about an hour ago, 10 new inches of snow with another 1-3 in forecast. Crazy. I told him A-basin may make July 4th this year at the rate it is going.

• Like 4

During the last week ocean temps locally have really risen. Still pretty cold for the beach goers this weekend, unless you are brave, young or wasted :P 

Wildwood Crest Sea Temperature

(Today) 23rd May 2019

16.1°C / 61°F

Current weather

16°C / 60°F
(clear sky)

Partly cloudy
Wind

3 mph

Humidity

59%

This cloudiness seems a bit of a surprise. Went to get a coffee and all I heard was its cold this morning , LOL

Next will be a text from my daughter at Dewey telling me I told her it would be a nice beach day.

Same areas socked in by previous clouds and fog the past 5 weeks, are getting it today. To our North in New England looks mostly sunny

and to our far SW is suny and very hot.  Mount Holly, this morning, commented how cool the NAM  for today, was but was going warmer today, but not as warm as yesterday. 

1 hour ago, frd said:

This cloudiness seems a bit of a surprise. Went to get a coffee and all I heard was its cold this morning , LOL

Next will be a text from my daughter at Dewey telling me I told her it would be a nice beach day.

Same areas socked in by previous clouds and fog the past 5 weeks, are getting it today. To our North in New England looks mostly sunny

and to our far SW is suny and very hot.  Mount Holly, this morning, commented how cool the NAM  for today, was but was going warmer today, but not as warm as yesterday. 

Its great outside, considering what's on the way.

66 here with some sun at times but mostly cloudy. Nice ENE breeze.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its great outside, considering what's on the way.

66 here with some sun at times but mostly cloudy. Nice ENE breeze.

Agreed !

FYI. Looks like May will end up above normal. 

Funny how much easier it is to get above normal in the summer and never gets really cold any longer in the winter,  except for maybe a week or two at best between December 1 st and March 1 st.  Sad if like winter weather. But, alas I live in the past , have a great weekend !!!  

On 5/21/2019 at 6:53 AM, smokeybandit said:

I'm moving to the Denver area late summer/early fall. I can't wait for record heat out there this coming winter just to spite me

I just moved to New England a week ago, and with all the severe weather the mid-Atlantic has gotten in the last few days, I'm thinking maybe the timing wasn't the best for me :lol:

16 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I just moved to New England a week ago, and with all the severe weather the mid-Atlantic has gotten in the last few days, I'm thinking maybe the timing wasn't the best for me :lol:

You can't have your cake and eat it too it seems. Why I think the Mid-Atlantic is the best weather region in the states. Our hurricane climo has been lacking but that could be changing soon.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic