• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2019

George BM

A cold, wet, miserable day. Stuck inside cleaning. Thank god for DFH 120 min IPA.

52 degrees. 0.80" of rain since last night(underachieved thankfully), and 3.65" for the month. How about a few days of dry and warm(not hot/humid) for a change?

eta- despite the rain, we have had some stellar, cool, low dew days mixed in. I guess I prefer this overall to a switch right to warm/hot and humid. Would like to keep the rainfall to below excessive threshold though, as it is directly related to adult mosquito proliferation.

0.59” in my back yard so far. Planned ahead and did my annual load up my car with plants. The only thing I ever ask for on Mother’s Day. Got my deck containers planted to take advantage of Mother Nature’s free water. Garden plants are on the patio in their pots. Kids are making me Coconut Curried Shrimp for dinner as I sit in my PJ pants. Would have liked it warmer but I have my family and that is enough for me. 

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms here.

DA610806-21C3-46FE-96F5-40331F8E1D3C.jpeg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, dailylurker said:

You must live in my neighborhood. 450 has always been bad but it's been horrible for the past year. It's basically always flooded. 

Coming back from lunch yesterday on the eastern shore, I was detoured on to Rutland Rd off of 450 when I was dropping my mom off.  The Severn was a muddy mess too.  Back home, another .82" yesterday and 5.08" for the month.  I'm looking forward to drying out after today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Just miserable outside. I’d rather 95 and sunny over this crap. 

this is probably one of the few days we'll have like this until fall, so i'm ok with it, but yea i'll take summer.  got a couple plants, too, that probably are looking forward to the sun as well.

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So uh...I'd love for this year not to end up in the top 5 wettest years again...all of those years were followed by average snow (like last winter) to below average snow...no 20+ inch totals on that list (last winter fell right into line, smh). Really been an incredible run of rain we've been on!

i've never seen such a prolonged period of precip here which makes this last winter even more subpar knowing how much snow we could have gotten if it was cold enough.  we could use a mini drought at this point, no question about it.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic