Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 Discussion

MNstorms

7 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

From late yesterday into early today, Detroit picked up 3.20" rain. That's Detroit's highest two-day precipitation total since September 28-29, 2016 when 3.34" rain fell.

I am less than 8 miles east of DTW and i "only" got 1.64". I have seen Facebook posts of flooded basements and flooded streets, and i can confirm there was more flooded spots  y DTW on the way to work.

12 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I am less than 8 miles east of DTW and i "only" got 1.64". I have seen Facebook posts of flooded basements and flooded streets, and i can confirm there was more flooded spots  y DTW on the way to work.

Hopefully the precipitation this afternoon and evening won't be too heavy. I see that some showers have recently redeveloped around the Detroit area.

2 hours ago, Powerball said:

I could never live that far north.

I would be about ready to gouge out my eyes if that were still happening in May.

Comes with the territory... doesn’t bother me whatsoever tho. Most of this snow will be gone tomorrow with a forecasted high of 44, it’s the seasonal snow that could leave a little faster. I love the climate of the UP. 

Finished with around 7” (7:1 ratio), has compacted some and snow is now mixed with drizzle and heavy fog, temp 33.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Maybruary 1st looking pretty good up there.

lol... Reminds me more of a late October snow.  Just has that feel to it, with the brighter sky, birds chirping, milder temps.

Road in front of my house this afternoon.  Snow still fairly deep in the woods... Probably will be totally snow free in a week or so.

IMG_1845.JPG.cda5cf93a4229122fbc2056218b99131.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NegativeEPO said:

Last year we had a top 5 warmest May. This year, it’s looking like a top 5 coldest, and potentially the coldest of all time. Do we even hit 80 this month? 

Youve been saying it since March. Now I know your mostly venting, but ill concede that yes, this is now one of the worst starts to the warm season for some time. I havent seen the sun in days 

11 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

I havent seen the sun in days 

This is the part that is really starting to blow me away, at how terrible this last April and in some ways early May is. This is now the 6th morning in a row where its been overcast as if its winter still...ridiculous! My forecast lately will show party sunny but 95% of the time its overcast instead.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:41 AM, weatherbo said:

Hey, it's a short growing season here.

Jokes aside, I was just thinking the other day of how even here, most deciduous trees have full grown green leaves for only about 4.5 months on average.  Chop a solid month off of that for the upper peninsula, and it's amazing how many deciduous trees really do thrive and grow well in those conditions up north.