• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

EURO is 91* NYC on Day 10, but 72* for JFK!

EURO Weeklies are BN 6/3---6/24, with a change during last week of run.

GEFS goes flat in early June with 500mb.

Meanwhile good WAA today, till possible TS's step to the plate, say by 4pm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

EURO is 91* NYC on Day 10, but 72* for JFK!

EURO Weeklies are BN 6/3---6/24, with a change during last week of run.

GEFS goes flat in early June with 500mb.

Meanwhile good WAA today, till possible TS's step to the plate, say by 4pm.

Wonder whether the CFS, and its previous forecast of an somewhat normal June temp-wise verifies,  after this heat and the next oppurtunity at the end of May ?  

17 minutes ago, frd said:

Wonder whether the CFS, and its previous forecast of an somewhat normal June temp-wise verifies,  after this heat and the next oppurtunity at the end of May ?  

For some reason, summers have been more backloaded here since 2015 in terms of heat. 

F4645E9F-6A3D-4CB5-86E8-F8EADD147DD3.png.50cc98cb1138339916dc5d91b6880154.png

A195C272-A1AC-4A31-826B-ABFF207960B0.png.a349879811442381ca736ddeb29e98bc.png

F4C47705-D371-47CB-8166-8C925EF2616C.png.eab60a35f89a9655e0c5e2cddfa21761.png

14 minutes ago, bluewave said:

For some reason, summers have been more backloaded here since 2015 in terms of heat. 

You think it is related to the Atlantic Ocean cycle and the tendency in recent years for very warm SSTs near and to the West of the very robust WAR ?  ( sometimes the entire basin was bath water, aka the year of all those Atlantic Cat 5 hurrinces, including the record for the longest sustained cat 5 )  

We have, I believe, set records at 500 mb at times with this feature the last several years, this year's WAR seems to want to go to that eventually.     

6 minutes ago, frd said:

You think it is related to the Atlantic Ocean cycle and the tendency in recent years for very warm SSTs near and to the West of the very robust WAR ?  ( sometimes the entire basin was bath water, aka the year of all those Atlantic Cat 5 hurrinces, including the record for the longest sustained cat 5 )  

We have, I believe, set records at 500 mb at times with this feature the last several years, this year's WAR seems to want to go to that eventually.     

I was thinking that too-the +AMO has something to do with for sure....

35 minutes ago, frd said:

Yeah, we have been seeing these repeating seasonal patterns especially since 2015. Warm water off the West and East Coasts. Summer starts off with less heat in June becoming stronger later extending into September or October. November can sometimes be cold before flipping warmer with a slower start to winter in December. Spring takes time to get going with late snow and cold into March.

2 hours ago, psv88 said:

Hit 80 here, took long enough. Maybe 82/83 today

Yup, I’m at 83/70 now. Temps always seem to over perform on days like this.

My previous warmest high was only 74, on 5/16 and 5/18. We jumped right into summer.