Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

15 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yup we gout doused a little while ago and there were a few rumbles as it passed through, now it's just a steady moderate rain. I'm bummed now BUT it looks like the next few days will be nice.

For once it seems as though Long Island will get through the night unscathed.   Actually a beautiful day out here now

Just now, 495weatherguy said:

For once it seems as though Long Island will get through the night unscathed.   Actually a beautiful day out here now

Gotta love the stabilizing influence of large bodies of water. All it takes when you get here is a lack of an easterly component to the wind and as things heat up it's like popcorn as the air rises the storms form. Yup 18 days out of 20 so far this month it's rained at some point. Can I complain now? ;) 

11 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Gotta love the stabilizing influence of large bodies of water. All it takes when you get here is a lack of an easterly component to the wind and as things heat up it's like popcorn as the air rises the storms form. Yup 18 days out of 20 so far this month it's rained at some point. Can I complain now? ;) 

Absolutely.   You have every right to complain .  I know that I have, the weather has stunk.   Today is the first day above 70 according to republic airport   

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Not a drop of rain made city with evening. Surprising considering we had plenty of day time heating and resulting cape

caught the southern edge of a cell as it skirted along the Merritt Parkway.  Dropped about .15 or so then cleared out nicely.....

17 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

This weather is perfect. If it can stay like this for the rest of the year I would actually enjoy New York. The humidity is so annoying and it makes me feel like I want to move. Gorgeous out with a 63 degree temp. Sunny

I know, it was so beautiful this morning with the clear sky and cool breeze. Too bad we get so few truly nice days every year. Now in two weeks we're going to turn into Atlanta for the rest of the summer.

28 minutes ago, Fantom X said:

Not looking forward to it. I'm missing the Long Island sea breeze!

Yeah, no sea breezes there. How do you like your new area? Looks like portions of the Southeast will make a run on their warmest May. I already see a bunch of +5 to +6 departures before the hottest part of the month arrives.

2C38E263-D400-499F-9266-02F74902D0DC.png.609be4aeef5fe1ff63362a9f9cbac7a2.png