• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

Of course I just watered my vegetable garden at home in wantagh and it’s pouring. All the showers missed the UWS were I need every drop of rain possible for the hundreds of plants I installed last week. Heading in now so I’ll have to water by hand. 

I have to life guard the Jones beach air show next weekend and it can be a brutal experience if it’s not warm and sunny. The crowds are there regardless of temps so I would prefer it to be as warm as possible. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Why do people want extreme hot weather I always wonder. It’s mid May it should be in the 70’s let the heat roll in July and August. I feel bad for the southeast that’s brutal temps

I agree

60s and 70s are nice during the summer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

High 70's to low 80's are where I'd have it if it was my choice. Kind of why I want to move to the lower Keys when it's finally time to get out of NY. Unfortunately there are things going on down south now that would preclude me from wanting to be there :( and VT is out of the question too as the place falls apart and self destructs.

2 hours ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Why do people want extreme hot weather I always wonder. It’s mid May it should be in the 70’s let the heat roll in July and August. I feel bad for the southeast that’s brutal temps

All this doom & gloom and we'll probably finish May AN with at least 1 90 degree day.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

All this doom & gloom and we'll probably finish May AN with at least 1 90 degree day.

If we get one 90+ day on Long Island that would be incredible.   Last week we couldn’t get out of the 40s; it was hard to think of summer time temps while putting on winter coats and scarves

11 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The strongest heat so far this year has been suppressed to our south. This would result in a cooler summer than last year should it continue. Last year we saw the record WAR in February with the first February 80 at Newark. This was followed up by record heat in early May. But the SE Ridge-WAR had been flatter this year. So it wouldn’t be a surprise if 100+ heat develops next weekend over the Southeast. Portions of the FL Keys already experienced there highest May temperatures in record.

E39C6B19-AD45-4782-9920-9605549A9666.png.90104f723cb6162be25823fa1e744ae6.png

That would be amazing Chris we need heat but not hell. Last year was humid also this year I’m hoping for dry heat

16 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The strongest heat so far this year has been suppressed to our south. This would result in a cooler summer than last year should it continue. Last year we saw the record WAR in February with the first February 80 at Newark. This was followed up by record heat in early May. But the SE Ridge-WAR had been flatter this year. So it wouldn’t be a surprise if 100+ heat develops next weekend over the Southeast. Portions of the FL Keys already experienced there highest May temperatures in record.

Should this pattern last all summer it def won't be dry as several forecasts suggest.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, dWave said:

Yeah I lived there for a little while and one of the biggest difference to me was how consistant spring warmth settles in much faster and with staying power. Mid 70s in the middle of this week is considered a significant cool down here now. It helps being 100 miles from the still cold Atlantic.  

It really does settle in much faster.

Anybody know what DC's average last snowfall is and what the latest recorded snowfall is?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

There is some nice severe weather firing in Pa. let’s see if any sort of line forms that can make a run for the city

Meh.  Lots of CAPE because of the relict EML but weak deep shear down at our latitude.  Multicell crap.  Wouldn’t get your hopes up.

41 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Meh.  Lots of CAPE because of the relict EML but weak deep shear down at our latitude.  Multicell crap.  Wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Eh I was too negative.  That storm north of Scranton is clearly a supercell.  Still think these storms aren’t unlikely to organize into a line without deep shear.