Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

Just now, bluewave said:

The 12z GFS came over to the more optimistic Euro camp. Now has close to 90 around NYC next weekend. Afternoon temps 40+ degrees warmer than today would be a very impressive swing if the warm front can make it through.

CFDCFFAE-7872-40C5-8C53-6E3C24005B2D.thumb.png.e6ffdae5ce04c829910a4f2dd05c5371.png

Another remarkable turn!  Let’s hope so!

• Like 1

Potential to be tracking our first shot at 90s last half of May.  While indices remain unfavorable models continue to hint at ridging expanding into MS/OV and perhaps enough to push the warmth into the NE the end of May as thereis expected  to be constant troughs heading into the WC. This is post next weekend  (5/18-20) 24-36 hour spike and more towards the 5/26 and beyond period.

We'll see but the pendulum may start to weigh warmer then finally open up the chance for real heat in June when indices trend more favorable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

But the 12z OP Euro loses the warm up from 0z. Hopefully, this is just the windshield wiper effect from run to run and the warmer weather wins out. Quite a Pacific fire hose jet coming into the West Coast. So models may be volatile for a while until we get closer to next weekend.

7874315F-38E2-4BCE-B7B8-8FF649A7BB2B.thumb.png.0bf1850f7ca4f539ae8394f54e5b4548.png

97EF4981-CAD8-479F-A877-DB2069CBA55E.thumb.png.cd2683b666e7a750efd1a72083f48967.png

Love the pacific hose during the winter!!!  Now, not so much!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I wouldn't bet on it given such unfavorable signals. 

Euro's already reverting back to a cooler signal but volatile model runs are likely given raging Pacific jet.

That sucks

It would be nice if we did get some nice weather for a change.   It has been so long since we had some nice weather

59 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

this is disgusting and i hate it

You don't like snow in the winter and you don't like rain the rest of the year. Time to head for the desert buddy.

7 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

That sucks

It would be nice if we did get some nice weather for a change.   It has been so long since we had some nice weather

We just had 2 1/2 nice(ish) days, yesterday was wonderful. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Was yesterday not as nice on the island was it was in the interior, or is this part of the heat shtick? Genuine question.

Yesterday was beautiful.  Just looking for a few nice days in a row.   The island has been cloudy and rainy for quite some time

8 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

You don't like snow in the winter and you don't like rain the rest of the year. Time to head for the desert buddy.

We just had 2 1/2 nice(ish) days, yesterday was wonderful. 

The weather on Long Island is vastly different from yours.  We have had many more days of clouds and rain than up by you

9 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

With 1.20” rain today through 4 pm, New York City reached 18.00” precipitation for the year. 2019 remains on course for 50.00” or more precipitation. Below is a picture of a normally small waterfall this afternoon.

Larchmont05122019-2.jpg

Yeah, this will help NYC toward a record 16th consecutive month with 3.00” of precipitation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

Yesterday was beautiful.  Just looking for a few nice days in a row.   The island has been cloudy and rainy for quite some time

Yeah, if sustained fair weather is the catch, nobody in their right mind would disagree. I've resolved to try not spending my energy fretting over things I can't control, and take the nice days as they come along...

...unless we're in the same pattern in two more weeks or so. Then I might join a riot.

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, if sustained fair weather is the catch, nobody in their right mind would disagree. I've resolved to try not spending my energy fretting over things I can't control, and take the nice days as they come along...

...unless we're in the same pattern in two more weeks or so. Then I might join a riot.

Not wasting time or energy.   We have had many back door fronts which have really ruined spring.  The little league season has been challenging—cancellations galore. Sun has been in short supply on LI.