Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

33 minutes ago, bluewave said:

EPS says don’t turn off the heat yet. Has been advertising a mid-May cooldown for a while now.

No doubt an outcome of the prolonged and very negative AO , combined with the -NAO and a neutral to somewhat positive PNA. If this were winter I assume we be cold and possible snowy. 

@bluewave are you surprised by the -AO and the -NAO ?  Seems there was coupling with the last warming. I read from Judah Cohen, do you concur ? 

46 minutes ago, frd said:

No doubt an outcome of the prolonged and very negative AO , combined with the -NAO and a neutral to somewhat positive PNA. If this were winter I assume we be cold and possible snowy. 

@bluewave are you surprised by the -AO and the -NAO ?  Seems there was coupling with the last warming. I read from Judah Cohen, do you concur ? 

For some reason, the spring -NAO drops have been stronger than winter since 2017. Last year it was early enough for record snowfall from March into early April. These late spring drops are mostly good for damp and cooler conditions  relative to the means.

May...2017

Mar....2018

May...2019

17 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Very nice looking day here in the city. Not as warm as yesterday but very nice. Temperature here in midtown is 68 degrees with partly sunny skies. Enjoy it guys.

Yeah definetly feels cooler than yday and more breezy. Today was suppose to be the warmer day.  Still a nice day.  Look like mostly low to mid 60s in NYC depending on how close to water you are.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, doncat said:

Another day  to add to our rain streak.

heavy rain again...sub pump is pumping again...NYC still has not had a day in the 40's this month...but with a negative ao and nao in control 40's could happen later on in the month...