• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April 29-May 1 Severe Weather

How about that robust anticyclonic left mover that split off the Seymour cell?  I imagine there can't be that much mid-level directional shear if the storm can maintain itself so well.
A very strong couplet is tightening just east of Megargel on the primary cell's meso. Very impressive. That may be a large tornado forming.389c9dc15693dd4eb72a959994cf7d8e.gif

I have noticed some "popcorn" showers forming on radar to the south of the storm complex currently over NW north Texas.  I'm a little surprised that nothing has developed from them (capping?), but part of me is wondering if that could change.  I'm not saying that's going to happen, but I'm just wondering about the possibility.  Seems like some of the echo tops might be trying to come up.

17 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

Severe storm popped up down by Killeen. Meanwhile line is becoming more of a rain than severe threat at this time

Warned now with a confirmed tornado, velocity scans don't look impressive though. 

The Plains clearly over achieved this week. At 5-6 days out the set-up was doubted, myself included. By Sunday it looked more doable, not great but not a debacle. Actually turned out well for chasers careful to look at the details. 

Frankly, the CAMs did poorly. They have been improving for several years, but we still require human forecasters. Of course CAMs won't pin-point location; but, they blew complexes this week. Meteorological cancer is a term which endures, because of over-reliance on high-res CAMs. Do CAMs actually subtract value on borderline days?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nrgjeff said:

The Plains clearly over achieved this week. At 5-6 days out the set-up was doubted, myself included. By Sunday it looked more doable, not great but not a debacle. Actually turned out well for chasers careful to look at the details. 

Frankly, the CAMs did poorly. They have been improving for several years, but we still require human forecasters. Of course CAMs won't pin-point location; but, they blew complexes this week. Meteorological cancer is a term which endures, because of over-reliance on high-res CAMs. Do CAMs actually subtract value on borderline days?

Yesterday was particularly awful for all of the CAMs, and Tuesday really wasn’t any better... HRRR seemed to do the best out of all them, depicting what seemed like a relatively higher-end scenario. Euro did pretty bad for Tuesday,  GFS was terrible with boundary placement... NAM did really well the entire time (for tuesday), for the most part. 

• Like 1