Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 27-28 Potentially Historic Super Late Season Winter Storm

Hoosier

35 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

So Detroit has one subpar Winter and that means hes not missing much? He missed 62" last Winter (i think he moved just before winter) and the avg this decade is like mid-50s.  Even with the misses snow fell very often and there were multiple ice storms. My statement to powerball remains. He left a place where it snows all the time and goes to a place that can go a Winter without a single flake. I would not survive, he does not miss snow. We are not cut from the same cloth lol.

I’m just saying I don’t think Detroit snowfalls enough to really truly miss it. I don’t really think there’s anywhere in the southern half of lower Michigan to really miss it. Maybe around GRR

19 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

It's just about done over here.  I picked up 0.3" of sleet/snow, which boosts my final(let's hope) season total to 50.2", only the second 50" season since I began keeping track in '07-'08.

Delayed but not denied.  Congrats.

36 minutes ago, tuanis said:

Temp dropped, winds kicked up, rates picked up... finally starting to accumulate

Same here...slight increase in rates and temp down to 32. Had been hovering around 34 much of the afternoon. Nearly 1” now in grassy areas, but still nothing on paved surfaces.

If this keeps up for 4-5 more hours, we could make a run at 3”.

6 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Looks like the main axis will end up with widespread totals in the 3-6" range, with isolated 6"+ totals.

Sounds about right.  Probably won't really feel like a warning criteria storm even where the totals hit 6"+... more like a snowboard warning criteria.