Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 27-28 Potentially Historic Super Late Season Winter Storm

Hoosier

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Just curious, do you miss snow at all? I mean I would love to see snow tonight but it's the end of April so whatever happens happens. But going from a place where it snows often to a place where it almost never snows must be a shock to the system. 

I do get jealous when I see the extreme events happening, and it would be nice to have it around Christmas time.

But beyond that, to be honest, not really.

27 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Cooling and a flip to snow is occurring rapidly. DBQ down to 33 and FEP 32. Snow is now moving into the NW and W suburbs.

The HRRR can be fully tossed.

Seems like it's having the problem that it sometimes has... being too warm/mixed near the surface, which in this case is capable of throwing off the precip type on that output.

Should get a period of pretty intense conditions later, even though amounts won't be like areas farther north.  Exactly when this transition to all snow is complete around here is still a bit in flux.  Do still think that the tier of counties to the south of LOT's current warning could have advisory type amounts/impacts, especially in the northern parts of the counties. 

Pretty heavy rate of fall here in southeast Naperville. Had a brief period of very large flakes that since dropped a bit. Grass and mulch have whitened up a bit and slush on tabletops and some car tops. Melting on contact on paved surfaces thus far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mostly snow here, at least for now.  This was sort of hinted at when looking at forecast soundings for evap cooling potential, with the suggestion being that a more definitive turn over to rain happens afterward (before finally changing to snow) as evap cooling runs out and just enough waa occurs, so we'll see if the transition back to rain actually occurs.