Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
April 27-28 Potentially Historic Super Late Season Winter Storm

Hoosier

3 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

If I were LOT, I would have 88 and north under a watch with the afternoon update

Indeed, I was going to make a post stating that I hope LOT doesn't make an epic fail on this storm like they did on the previous winter storm back a couple weeks ago.  The models say "Chicago is going to get buried".  Of course, to be realistic, the actual totals will likely be 3 to 4 inches lower than the projected snow totals as shown on the models.

Just now, SchaumburgStormer said:

If I were LOT, I would have 88 and north under a watch with the afternoon update

based on RC's 1:14 aviation update I'm not sure they are going to completely bite on some of these model amounts. They still seemed more focused on the heaviest along the state line. 

Not looking forward to getting outside in the middle of the night to clear off the slop from the sensitive trees/bushes. It was annoying enough during the daytime last storm.

The odds of these two storms nailing the same narrow corridor in the second half of April have to be ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Baum said:

based on RC's 1:14 aviation update I'm not sure they are going to completely bite on some of these model amounts. They still seemed more focused on the heaviest along the state line. 

Amounts notwithstanding, I would issue a watch due to the anomalous situation. General public isn't real prepared to deal with potentially significant accumulating snow in late April  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Amounts notwithstanding, I would issue a watch due to the anomalous situation. General public isn't real prepared to deal with potentially significant accumulating snow in late April  

Even though we just saw that storm a few weeks ago, the attitude is largely “wont happen” with people I’ve talked to today

Last storm I had to endure with a power outage.  Com Ed was replacing a pole at the end of my block.  It was planned maintenance.  Despite the inclement weather, they replaced it anyway.  10 hours, no electricity.  I am hoping the snow for Saturday is being overdone, but I have a feeling it's not. 

3 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

historic run that needs to verify

even managed a couple here lakeside during last event

where the headlines at?

I would hope LOT learned from 2 weekends ago that, when dealing with an often unlikely scenario, you still have to give a heads up for what *could* happen.

Just now, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

IWX is even more bullish then DTX for our couple counties 

Yeah I don't get it, I mean there is failure modes but shockingly not as bad as normal for this time of year. There are actually a lot of things favorable for tomorrow night.